Customer reviews

on 2 June 2017
I am totally hooked on this series! This book, along with the others before it , make me read them in 1 to 2 days! I can't wait to read the rest.. Well written and nonstop action. I also love the fact that the sex parts are not long drawn out half chapters every time they are part of the story..
on 24 May 2017
Good read
on 21 June 2012
This is the third book in the soul savers series and its brilliant . I can't wait for book four.
on 7 August 2013
Well Kirsty has out done her last book. This has turned out to be a real nail bitter of a series.
on 13 December 2012
Brilliant really enjoyed it can't waste for the next book hope there more story's of this kind thank you very much
on 28 July 2017
Amazing cant stop reading
on 14 August 2017
Love all the books you can just get lost in them :)
on 15 February 2012
In this book we find Alexis and Tristan re-united properly on the safety of the Amadis Island. They have thwarted the Daemoni on their doorstep and Alexis' alter ego is dead, giving her the freedom to become the next Amadis daughter now that she has gone through the Ang'dora. Once there however, she discovers that there is trouble in paradise and everything is not as it seems. Rina - her grandmother - has received a message from the angels informing her that there is a traitor in their ranks and she enlists Alexis' help to root out the person(s) but can Alexis master her powers in time? As they try to do this, she comes across vital information that could save all of the Amadis, but no-one will believe her, not even those around her. With the Daemoni on their doorstep again, causing chaos and attacking innocent people in the hopes of drawing Alexis & Tristan out they are forced to leave, more or less branded traitors and shunned. The Daemoni are tracking their every move and always seem to be one step ahead which makes Alexis think that the traitor might be a lot closer to home and she begins to doubt everyone. Not only that but she discovers that Dorian seems to have an inevitable fate that may come sooner, rather than later. With tensions rising on the Amadis Island and people losing faith in the Matriarch, Alexis begins to wonder whether the Amadis are truly good and is forced to take drastic action to get to the root of the problem.

I LOVE this book! I had questions left over from book 2 and a couple of big ones were addressed straight away, no messing around, just straight into the thick of it again. I'm still really enjoying Alexis, as each book goes by we see a little more of who she is becoming. She is great, so determined to do the right thing even without the support of those around her. She has all of this un-tapped power that she needs to master but would rather not have to use it on moral grounds, truly selfless and always putting others before herself. All she wants is to have a quiet life with her family, be a wife & mother but has to become something else for people who don't even trust them. Her sense of duty and faith in the Amadis is tested in this book as she is put through some awful ordeals and is left wondering who to trust. Tristan too, continues to grow as a character and we see a different side to him - vulnerable and defeated - it broke my heart and he is involved in some serious revelations that are going to rock all foundations and I wonder what the effects will be. In previous books I never let myself `get into' Owen's character because he was a threat to Alexis & Tristan's relationship and I really didn't want to go down that road but we get to delve into him a bit more in this, get some of his back story, meet his parents and it was nice to see that I may have underestimated him as a character.

Now for my reaction when I finished the book (with a lot of exclamation marks) . . .
HOLY BEEP that was awesome! WOW!!!!

Kristie Cook does it again! Every book in this series has blown me away! I have been sent on an emotional rollercoaster AGAIN!!
To think I bought the first book (Promise) on kindle (my 1st ever kindle purchase) in May 2011 for a group read on GR and only paid 79p for it! It was so good that I immediately bought the second (Purpose) straight after and that too was just, wow. In January they were featured in my `Books that blew me away in 2011' post because they did just that. I was hooked straight away and to still be feeling that at book three is amazing. They are, this was, effortless to read, I couldn't put it down, so compelling and I didn't want it to end. The emotions I went through reading this . . . Anxious, curious, happy, sad, devastated, proud, heart-broken & I don't know how many WTH moments. . . . I think I covered most things so yeah, emotional rollercoaster covers it. I love a book where you feel like you are going through the ordeals and emotions of a character, to really empathise with them and even think like them, That's when you know it's a good book. The flow and the pacing were `spot on', you never got a chance to be bored or think about something else because it was always moving forward, always some danger or something to look into. I even thought to myself, `just give them a break' because they go through so much but where would be the fun in that? I was kept guessing about things all the way through, right up until the reveals - some bits I had partially solved while others I wasn't even close, totally surprising me. I cannot wait to find out what happens next, the epilogue set up book four which is going straight on my TBR list and with this book the series maintains its position as one of my all-time favourite series. Go read them all . . . .
on 12 February 2012
My review:

After I turned the last page of Purpose, which was the second book in the Soul Savers series, I could not wait to start reading Devotion! When I finally got it I read it in one sitting. Now, after finishing Devotion, I can't wait till next book!

Devotion, written by Kristie Cook, was very good reading from the first page until the last one. Somehow Kristie has managed something that many authors lack - she is capable of turning each book in series into more intriguing experience and constantly surprises you. I loved that about Devotion!

Regarding the plot:

As said, there were many unpredicted turns in Devotion. Devotion picks up exactly where Purpose ended. Alexis and Tristan are visiting Amadis, but Amadis is getting more and more anxious about Alexis not having a daughter with Tristan and it creates disorder in Amadis' council. Rina is asking Alexis to listen to council members' minds to find out who is behind the weird behavior of council members.

Alexis tries hard, but does not succeed for a while, until she hears about a girl. After that so many things start to happen. Alexis is determined to find the girl even though none believes her. The only person standing behind Alexis is Tristan. Tristan stands by her even nobody wants to see these two together and even he has his doubts what is right thing to do.

Before you know, you find yourself in Australia, where Alexis and Tristan are escaping barely staying alive from another attack from the Daemoni. Nobody wants to help them because Amadis is sure that Alexis should not be with Tristan. Council turns against Tristan and after returning to Amadis, he is set for trial of betraying the Amadis.

Did I see that coming? No.

Did I see that coming who is the girl? No

Did I see that coming who is Tristan's mother? No

Did I see that coming who was the person who influenced the council? No.

Devotion takes all your knowledge what you think might happen and turns it around. It surprises you. It is unpredictable and very interesting and fascinating! Brilliant development of the story!

Regarding the characters:

I loved Alexis in Devotion! So strong to her beliefs, so persistent of finding what she searches, so true to her love! I loved when she said: If he goes, I go! Kristie did absolutely wonderful job with Alexis in Devotion. The same goes for Tristan. He was willing to give up the dearest of them all, to show his love. Even though I do not understand such a sacrifice, I admired him for that. The relationship between Alexis and Tristan is stronger than ever.

Dorian was adorable. The relationship he developed with his father was so sweet and lovable. The way Dorian cared for her mother made my heart skip couple of beats - it was so beautiful when Dorian told her mom that he did not want mom to be like she was when Tristan was away. It almost broke my heart. I really hope that Dorian will not be part of the Daemoni and can take over the rule of Amadis. His heart simply belongs to the good ones!

There were some new characters brought in and out of the new characters my favorite was Char - Owen's mother.

Generally:

Devotion was great sequel to Promise and Purpose and honestly, I was sorry when I finished reading Devotion's last page. I was so sure that Devotion is the last book in the series, but I found out, that it is not. And I am glad for that, because the way Alexis and Tristan's path developed in Devotion was so well-written and captivating that I am happy I can spend some time in their world when the next book is out.

When I really enjoyed both Promise and Purpose, then Devotion took me to a different level of reading - it was intense, unpredictable, quick-paced, and dramatic and filled with action. It should be a must read for all fans of paranormal romance!
33 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 June 2014
Book 3 in the Soul Savers series, and another one that I couldn't put down until I had read it all. For an author to write a book that I can't put down, that earns them 5 stars. I keep thinking that the next book can't be as good as the one before it, but Kristie proves me wrong every time. This is an amazing book, and I thoroughly recommend it.