on 12 June 2013
Really pleased with this watch. Bought it for myself, as a cheaper watch I bought for work didn't last very long. This watch looks a lot more expensive than the £50 I paid for it and has a real quality feel about it. I have not had any problems with the chronograph functions that some of the other reviews mentioned and as with other Accurist watches I have had in the past it keeps good time. It came very quickly and was well packaged so arrived in perfect condition. The only problem I have had was when I put it on I found the bracelet was quite tight on my wrist, almost pinching my skin when doing up the clasp. I found that I could not adjust the bracelet as it was already at it's maximum out of the box. I went onto the Accurist web site primarily to register the watch to activate the guarantee and saw their email address so sent them an email asking if they provided the service of adding links as well as removing them for customers and what the charge would be.This was sent on a Friday afternoon and on the Monday morning I had a reply asking me to send my address and they would send some links to me. I replied straight away and on Tuesday morning the links arrived in the post ( six links with spare pins and no charge! ) Now that is what I call good customer service. So, I have a great watch at a great price and great customer service to boot. Thank you Accurist.
on 26 December 2012
I buy a lot from Amazon, and this was the best product of 2012.
Not only did this watch feature in Amazon's Black Friday deals, halfing the price, even at its RRP it is still worth the money.

The first thing to compliment is the face. It has an appealing blue back, silver batons and hands, which all have a subtle glow in low light. The stainless steel bracelet fits well, doesn't have squared off corners which you usually find on watches like these ones under £100. The bracelet looks and feels like it should be on a more expensive watch.

The overall watch diameter is a 1inch ½, so more on the medium-small size, which means it's not way.

It does not have buttons either side of the clasp that you squeeze to release it.

Water Resistant - I've not strapped it to a diver to check the claims it can go 100m under but it's been fine when I've left it on in the shower.

** Chronograph Issue Resolved **
It has been fairly well reported in the customer reviews that there is an issue with the Chronograph not working. I was disappointed when the watch arrived as it appeared that mine did not work either. The buttons for the chronograph make the usual click when you press them, but then nothing appears to happen. However all it took was me to press the button again firmly and the chronograph worked. I checked with someone else who had reported it "faulty" and when they pressed it firmly theirs worked, so I wouldn't be deterred so quickly when reviews say that it has a major fault and just consider you have to press the button slightly harder than a usual watch.

So the all important ratings:
On comparison to all watches available, I give this watch a 3.5 out of 5. It is a fantastic watch and defiantly looks and feels like a £200 watch, however the only shortcoming is the issue with the chronograph. If the watch was kinetically charged, its rating would be very close to 5.

However, on comparison with watches under £150, and being the winner of my "Best Buy 2012," I have given the Accurist MB960N 5 out of 5 - the only item I've given 5/5 to this year.
on 20 June 2017
very good
on 6 November 2013
Overall nice looking product. I had few days when watch was showing wrong date but after I played with it, everything has settled. People keep asking me how much I have paid as it looks like £300 watch! Really! Good buy.
on 27 July 2013
Received this as a present and very impressed with the quality and look of the watch.

Was initially put off by all the claims about the stop watch not working and when I first got this, thought mine was the same. Was pressing the buttons, could hear/feel the, click but nothing.

On getting home though and reading one of the reviews, I pressed the buttons and little firmer and they worked.

So, if you get a watch and think its broken, please just try a little harder and don't give up on a fabulous watch.
on 11 December 2012
The watch looks good and has been fitted with a 'chunky' stainless steel strap.
The time and date functions are working fine.

Unfortunately, the basic '2 small dial' chronograph function doesn't work.
Dials are purely cosmetic it seems.

I didn't check this when I first received the watch - I was more interested in it being accurate
on time, which it is.
This must be a common fault as another reviewer has had the same problem.

I wear the watch to work and don't actually use the chrono dials.
I have decided to avoid the inconvenience of returning the watch and will live with the chrono fault.

I bought the watch on a black friday deal at a 'good' price.
If I had paid the full amazon price I would certainly return the watch for a refund.

I guess Accurist should invest more in their quality control.
Very surprised that a major fault like this wasn't found at the manufacturer's final product testing.
on 9 August 2013
Mine came from a high street shop, Hendersons of Dundee, cost £70 and has a 3 year guarantee - for which latter I'm grateful.

I don't use the timer dials that much, (it only reads up to 30minutes max) but when I do it's a real trial. Start and stop takes megapressure and often repeated presses on the buttons, and the second-count hand on the small dial just above the 6 o'clock position didn't zero quite properly. As I quite liked it apart from that I ignored the problems - it keeps close to perfect time, was comfortable and is quite handsome.

But now that not-quite zero has shifted to being zeroed on +3 seconds. IOW, it doesn't zero. Which is not the kind of development I'm prepared to tolerate and come Monday it goes back under a warranty claim - it was bought at Easter 2012 and now it's August next year. So I'd have been boned if the guarantee was only for a single year. I'm glad I stored the receipt slip.

If the button-pressure thing isn't resolved I'm not going to accept it back, and demand an alternative replacement.

Additional notes in use - the hands mask the small dials for far too much of the time, so making use of the timer visually difficult as well as being hard to turn on and off. The date numeral is small too, and also gets masked by the minute hand (once an hour, obviously)

And the luminous paint on the hands isn't very bright, even after energising it in decently bright light. And the glow fades far too quickly. Originally luminous material was faintly radioactive, which is nowadays obviously a major no-no, so the stuff that's now used is actually pretty poor in comparison.

I've used it on my boat, so it's been subjected to sea water as well as fresh - although never been completely immersed in either. And I don't wear it in the shower - watch seals don't like soap - it tends to harden them and so they stop sealing over time.

As I've only had it like around 16 months I can't comment on battery life but I've had other watches whose batteries lasted for several years, so perhaps this one will as well.

However, the fact that I'm reasonably satisfied with this model merely as a time keeper, definitely does NOT absolve it from the faults I've reported above. And there are far too many other reports of similar issues to do with the chrono function the same as mine for it to be possible to recommend it. There's plenty of other watches around with no reputations of frequent faults, so I'd say get one of those instead. Unless you think it's pretty enough and cheap enough if it's on offer to offset the chrono problems.

Once Accurist has fixed it or replaced it I'll add to this review.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2013
What a lovely watch Im not into the chronograph bits as said in previous reviews so i haven,t even tried to set it up and probably wont, great looking watch I love it and for the price its a must would reccomend to anyone
on 12 July 2013
The watch seems to work Ok and looks very good. The main problem was with zeroing the chronograph dials as the owner's manual gave instructions for different models of the watch, a phone call to Accurist solved the problem and I was able to set the watch up correctly. The Accurist staff were very helpful. Apart from that initial difficulty, I am very pleased with the watch and hope that it will give many years of good service. The watch is well finished and represents excellent value for money at the price (£45).
on 18 July 2013
This watch is well worth the price paid. Chronograph works. Beautiful watch, not too big and has a nice feel to it. Really satisfied with the product.

See one answered question