on 30 May 2015
I have to say a 5 star review is needed! Apart from the fact that the jacket is lovely! Black velvety suedey type of material, it is quite thick and the sleeves do come up an inch or two long but nothing that I cannot sort out. I have to say that I ordered this Jackets at 11am on a friday and received it the following day! 24 hours from order to delivery is amazing! No stress, no fuss and the quality is second to none! There was another seller doing the same jacket at a fiver cheaper but I went with this one as the reviews were good. I am so glad I did. I shall be using this jacket for many years to come! Many thanks seller!!!
on 13 July 2012
This coat is fabulous, better than I expected at such a reasonable price. The colour is as it is in the picture, well made. It arrived the day after I had ordered it! I shall be shopping with this efficient company again, that's certain. I happily would pay more for a better quality velvet - but that is just a quibble.
on 22 November 2013
This coat is a beautiful colour, very elegant and a good fit. It's not that thick or heavy but quite warm considering (and of course it's more of a statement than a coat you'd wear in bad weather!). The only reason I didn't give five stars are that the sleeves are weirdly long - I'm normal height but my hands nearly disappear into it - and the buttons are very plasticy which makes it look lower quality. Other than that, lovely coat and accurate sizing.
on 14 August 2012
bought this coat in black to wear to a family wedding after reading the review on here,so glad i did.fed up with boring "neat" jackets. i'm usually a size 10-12,so ordered a 12-14,perfect!! if it was tighter,the front "skirt" would stand out too much,but it hangs beautifully.the turned back cuffs give this coat a different look to others and the buttons on the front are a nice touch.it's exactly as it looks in the picture,with single button fastening at the front and a longer "tail". it's not the heaviest velvet ever,but i'm glad as i think it would be too constricting as it's a fitted coat.goes beautifully with my red dress. really,really want the burgundy one now...need to justify it first tho. very fast delivery by this company,would definately recommend.
on 22 May 2013
A beautifully stitched good quality jacket, very reasonable for the price. Gorgeous Velvet. I ordered a larger size after reading the reviews and it is too large for me. I think I should have stuck to my original size. However, I will have it altered. I am not over keen on the buttons as make it look a bit gaudy rather than elegant, but have decided to change them. After that, it will look stunning and rate five star.

Very happy with my purchase. I bought it in Burgundy.
on 18 October 2013
Really lovely jacket. Highly recommend this if you are looking for something just that little bit different. Bought the burgundy....gorgeous colour. Bought my normal size 10 and perfect fit.
on 13 November 2013
5* for fasts delivery,perfect fit,style,vision and originality....wow! This jacket fits perfectly ( sits rather than dig in so it's really flattering. ) sleeves are always a problem for me with having shorter arms, but theses are only slightly longer on me allowing room to reach out. I'm going to wear this Christmas Day for its first outing. I like to be different so this is spot on. Well done,I will definitely buy from you again and recommend to others :). Thank you.
on 7 June 2016
Bought to wear as part of a pirate costume. I would only wear this for fancy dress as, although great quality, the stitching at the end of the cuffs appeared 'wrong' somehow and on the outside of the cuff rather than hidden. Arms were very long but the velvet was good quality and lightweight and the most beautiful bright burgundy colour. The cut is beautiful however and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another item from this brand, I love the Victorian/steampunk look and think this is a lovely item. Great fit, good price and speedy delivery.
on 25 February 2015
I love it but I've changed it for smaller. Far too large. My fault for ordering bigger size. Ignore the reviewers (including this one!). But I felt very Dr Who in this ... you know the lizard faced reptilian lady detective from alien lands. I'd prefer to lure a man rather than a woman wearing this ... and my bottom really does look big in it as a result of the cut ... but it's stylish, elegant and fun. The velvet is of a nice quality too, and will soften in time.
on 5 April 2014
Lovely item for fancy dress - very good quality and great buttons. Velvet sits nicely and does the job - thank you.