on 11 June 2012
Excellent value for money. It seems plasticy!!! but for less than £100 what would you expect but this does keep the package light. Have bought extra batteries with external charging dock plus memory as both these two standard components need some help with there performance, but for a small price it gives superior performance. The lens is very good, the display is large and clear and the zoom is very precise. All probably better than far more expensive cameras with comparable spec.
on 3 February 2013
I own a Panasonic DMC-FS30 camera purchased from Amazon approx two ago and have been delighted with it. In consequence, I bought the DMC-S5EB-R as a Christmas present for a friend who needed a new camera.I tried the camera, before giving it to my friend, and was very impressed with it. It was simple to operate and produced excellent results at all light levels and compared very favourably to my DMC-FS30.I thought the price was very competitive and the camera was delivered on time. Incidentally, my friend is very pleased with the DMC-S5EB-R and is putting it to good use. I would recommend this camera.
on 17 June 2013
Bought this for my wife who is partially sighted. The screen is a decent size and visible in anything but bright direct sunlight. Also the automatic option is great - no need to alter a number of settings.
on 22 July 2013
Sturdy, easy to use, simple point and click with intelligent auto, quite small so I find it a bit fumbly to use with my size 10 hands though
on 24 August 2013
First of all let me say I own other Panasonic items and generally they are very good.
This camera had a cheap feeling straight out of the box but that still did not mean the optics and internals were not going to be OK (especially after the other seemingly good reviews). What a mistake.

Various sporadic faults -
Wont focus on zoom
Front shutter sticking
System error message coming up
Multitude of green lines covering picture when it is bright

Obviously returned to Amazon for a refund with Amazons great customer service giving peace of mind for when things go wrong

Maybe I had a bad one, but with so many faults on one unit it has certainly put me off the budget end of Panasonic for cameras.
on 5 August 2013
Bought this as a present for my 5yr old niece.

She has had 'kids' cameras before and takes brilliant pictures, but the picture quality isn't great with them. And they are about the same price too. Wish I had bought this last year instead of a kids camera.

This camera takes much better pictures and is easy to use

I have 2 Lumix cameras and I love them, which is why I choose this one.

Screen size is good, camera is compact and very slim making it easy for little hands to hold, but fine for adults as well.

Zoom is good and easy to use. Easy to scroll through pictures etc.

Comes with a wrist strap too

Would buy one for myself as a spare camera and to take out as it would easily slip into a top pocket.
on 28 December 2012
Bought as a christmas gift. The camera is lightweight and compact and takes good photo's. Lots of features and the panoramic mode is very effective. Very pleased up to now.
on 15 January 2013
I brought this camera because of the price and good quality of the photos, and i must say it is great value for money and i would defiantly recommend getting one. The mega pixel quality on the camera is brilliant for how cheap and light weight this camera is. It's easy to transport around and great for days out. There is a lot of features on the camera, it focuses, has flash, sepia, black and white and panorama shot. The quick shutter speed is convenient and it's great for taking mid-action shots.
on 23 May 2013
Excellent purchase and well worth the money. Purchased for son. Very impressed with the photos that he has taken. He says that it is very easy to use. Would recommend to friends and family.
on 25 February 2013
this is a lightweight, compact camera with a long battery life that captures excellent quality photos at a great price