Customer reviews

on 21 April 2016
A short, sexy novella. Michael accepts a challenge from his mates, pretends he is someone he isn’t. Kasie is recovering from heartache after her boyfriend dumps her via text message. She has family problems and covers her emotions up by a stand-offish attitude.
An instant attraction between Michael and Kasie blows up in their faces as lies come to the fore.
For a short story a lot happens in a week.
on 25 September 2013
this was ok but no where near the thrill of the next book the engagement challenge which i read first. That laid a foundation and standard i don't think this lived up to, especially as this was shorter which i didn't like
on 13 October 2013
I Cldnt stop once I started... Amazing book, I had it with me everywhere and I read it in a day, wasn't happy when it ended lol
on 8 June 2013
lovebooksblogbooks.blogspot.co.uk

I recieved a copy of this from the author in return for an honest review.

I read this over 2 days, and I really liked it!

I have to say (and apoligise greatly to Ms Taye), this is the first of her books I have read! And it certaintly won't be the last.

I loved the story behind this, it reminded me of a great movie I love, 'She's All That' starring Freddie Prinze Jr and Rachel Leigh Cook. Michael is out with friends at a club, when Kasie walks in. Michael being teh gorgeous woman eater that he is, is challenged by his friends to prove he can 'get' her. Off starts the challenge of wooing Kasie, but the catch? Well, Michael who owns his own car company and more, (and is rather rich by the way), is not allowed to let Kasie know who he is. Therefore he sets off and becomes her driver while she's in town.

Kiru has written this really well, and the chemisty between the 2 characters is unmistakable right from the start. His gorgeous eyes piercing into her through the rearview mirror, her heart beat getting faster everytime she see's him. So I was really excited to see what this story would bring for them.

Michael sounded absolutly delicious! And I can imagine Kasie to be a very attrctive lady too. I liked the back stories that popped up from time to time to, but I won't spoil things for you by telling!

I really enjoyed this story, and I'm eager to get onto book 2 in the Challenge series!
on 21 February 2014
Arc received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cover :- 3 stars
Sex/steaminess :- 3 stars
Story line :-4 stars
Characters :- 4 stars
Overall rating :- 3.5 stars

Personal rating :- 4 stars

Book Pairing:- M/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- No
Is this a review book or personal read :- Review read

Why I chose this book?

I had the chance to join the blog tour.

What I liked about this book.

* The writing flowed well.
* It was a nice little story that sucked you in.
* Erm Micheal Lol. Who doesn't like a hot Alpha.

What I didn't like about this book?

* I couldn't really connect with Kasie.

Would I read more from this author?

Would I recommend this book?

on 21 February 2012
I loved this story. Though short, the author was able to adequately convey the main characters' motivations, showing the reader what drove them to behave the way they did.

Michael and Kasie are instantly attracted to each other but have to overcome their personal demons before they can be together. In spite of their hang-ups and preconceptions, they find themselves drawn to each other and can't seem to resist the pull of their hearts regardless of what their heads are saying.

I really enjoyed reading the story from both their points of view as I got to see what they were both thinking.

I highly recommend this book and can't wait for new titles from Kiru Taye.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I found that this story was very heartwarming and well written.
The two characters have scorching chemistry and we follow their story right to the end.
[...]