Customer reviews

All The Way Home
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

VINE VOICEon 17 August 2012
Hard to know where to start.

'Bold Fenian Men' she makes her own and yet it's still ours. 'Eileen McMahon' she's sung before, here with Eddi Reader, but it's fresh, and yet, for me anyway, deeply County Monaghan.

Cathy's not afraid of the pain, not afraid to remember our history, open in her embrace with warm and love for those who went before us - and to whom we owe our very survival. She reminds us who we are, and how timeless are our real values. She teases us with glimpses of delight and happiness.

And with beauty - in her voice and surely in her soul.

These are songs of truth sung with understated but deep commitment: truths for those who left and came back; for those who stayed; and for those who had to leave and never came back. They are our shared consciousness and culture.

Bless you Cathy.
on 19 November 2013
Cathy Jordan sings from the heart and her voice gives me the shivers it's so beautiful. An excellent album to listen to
on 26 January 2016
Received this CD and I am please with this one
Regards
Joe Murphy
on 29 March 2013
I enjoyed the gorgeous voice of Cathy Jordan with some new and beautiful old songs. She has a new twist on some songs with haunting melodies.
on 19 January 2013
We ahve really enjoyed thsi CD- Cathy Jordans clear and emotional voice is a real pleasure to hear I would reccomend this one
on 21 April 2012
I bought this album as I love Dervish and my parents are from Co Roscommon. It is a wonderful album, with Cathy Jordan's voice clear as a bell, instrumental backing superb and appropriate. She treats the traditional songs with verve and sympathy, especially her duet with Eddi Reader on Elaine Mc Mahon. The new songs fit in and seem traditional also.

It is a wonderful album and if you love traditional irish music, folk music or just good music I would urge you to buy it!
on 4 May 2012
I was listening to Mike Harding interviewing Cathy on the way to work and thought that I would like her album. Like is n't the word! Its absolutely beautiful and I have purchased a further copy for a friend. My mother has requested a copy after listening to the album in the car. Her voice is really haunting and I would thorougly recommend the album without reservation!
on 15 June 2013
I Brought it for my husband. He loved it, good quality, we had to wait for it to be back in stock, but well worth waiting for.
on 6 July 2013
Keep getting drawn back to this album. Cathy's voice is unique and has never sounded better. You won't find yourself skipping tracks as every one is brilliant. 'The Bold Fenian Men' is a revelation and her song writing is on a par with everything else. I have hundreds of CDs and this is right up there.
on 22 April 2012
It has taken a long time for Cathy to come up with a solo project, and it has ben well worth the wait. For years an outstanding member of Dervish, personality, voice, the lot this Album is quite outstanding. Great, songs, singing and even two wonderful instrumental compositions from Cathy, one of which The River Field Waltz is a real beauty. From start to finish this is stunning. The sort of recording I play over and over without tiring. More of these please, but don't leave Dervish. You need each other!!!