on 3 July 2014
These aren't great. They're both street legal (as in you won't get stopped for having either of them on) but the main challenge is getting the darn things on in the first place!

The rear plate comes with screws and premade holes which attach to your rear number plate. Goes on without and issue and the included washer/nut holds it on very nicely.

The front plate is a different story. I'm not sure what motorcycle these were designed to go on, but I have a very common 125cc learner bike and it was a very difficult task getting this to sit on in any reliable sense. It's meant to clip on to the front right forks - secured by a nut and screw. The design of these plates is such that the side of the plate closest to the wheel protudes way too far from the clamp. It needs to be positioned very carefully or, if like me you have front disc brakes, the plate will hit them. I've began to notice recently too that the front plate is developing cracks around where the clamp meets the plate itself. I ride on A roads mainly, which are pretty well maintained, so the road surface hasn't been too bumpy - but these just aren't made well.

My advise - as ugly as it is - get a plastic plate and just stick it on your front mudguard/windshield. The Police are aware that front L-plates are a bugger to fit and often fall off, so you are very likely to be alright with one plastered on the bike somewhere at the front (as long as it can be seen by oncoming traffic).
on 17 November 2014
The meterial of the plate itself is very flimsey. But its no different to most plates at this price range. This would have scored a 4 if that were the only issue. But the holding clips for the front plate are very small and dont fit around the bars on the front of my bike. I figured that my bike must be an exception, but after trying my friends bike i discovered it didnt fit his either.
on 25 September 2014
I didn't get any screws with this item which was frustrating. The front L plate (bracket) doesn't fit Aprilia RS 125, but do expect the front plate to snap sooner or later; backplate is fine.

In my opinion you're better off with self-adhesive front plate.
on 11 May 2015
All good so far. Liked the fact that the fixing kit contains spare nuts/bolts - especially as one of the yellow plastic bolts sheered off. Very straightforward to attach to bike. Needed to drill a hole in the rear plate to line up with existing holes on the bike - very easily done. Not had a proper test ride yet - they're for my 17-year old daughter who is learning to ride, so likely to be a couple of tumbles. Yet to see how strong the L-plates are, hence 4 stars rather than 5. If they remain intact then would happily give 5 stars.
on 12 July 2016
Front plate really hard to get on and rubs against my front disk.

Back plate starts cracking after a while.

If you want something that would last you a long time this is not it.

I have a Honda CBR 125r r9
on 2 June 2015
i bought these for my son for his 125cc. The rear L plate I drilled and screwed to the bottom of the number plate. The fork plate fits well as well.

They are quite thick so I'm hoping that they will withstand any abuse.

Update: my son was involved in a motorbike accident and the bike is now a right off, the two things that suffered no damage were the L Plates! The number plate on the rear broke but the L plate attached to it is still in one piece! Thank goodness I make him wear descent bike gear as he only suffered soft tissue damage. Bikes can be replaced but bodies can't.
on 18 April 2014
I had a replacement sent to me was fast great service but shame the product is no good for a 125 cc they just crack and break I've had to buy others now and use metal playing so in future these guys need to metal plate their L-plates
on 12 August 2015
Came well before expected. Really good quality for the price. Would have given 5 stars however the front plate is fitted so it is very close to the brake which I thought was quite dangerous so swapped it for a stick on instead
on 26 May 2015
Rear L plate fits well after drilling holes into the number plate and bolting it in, the front plate kept interfering with the brake disc making rattling sounds, then eventually came off the piece which attached it to the fork of my bike. Leaving the piece to attatch it on the bike.
on 15 February 2014
Items delivered quickly. The only item we used was the front L plate, fixed to front fork; fixing was good quality and large enough to accommodate shock cover. The L plate has been in place for 2 months so far without any problems.... Very happy customer!

See one answered question