Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 23 February 2010
I saw Zoot and the BRB live back in '65. No I didn't, I EXPERIENCED Zoot Money and his band live and even now I can remember it as one of the best live shows I have ever seen.
I bought this album back then and lost it when my brother took it when he got married so when you get to this funny age(that I am) when you try to recapture those good times I was sooooo pleased not to be disappointed by hearing this album again.With bonus tracks too!
Never mind how good Zoot was at the Hammond, forget Andy Summers...and the other guys in the band, collectively they were brilliant. Zoot is one of the few people who can cover James Brown songs convincingly, (listen to his James Brown medley on the album 'Zoot!') and he does 'The Cat' every bit as good as Jimmy Smith. So many great tracks...for years I used to sing some of the lyrics from 'My wife can't cook'to the missus if we had a duff dinner....She was REALLY pleased to hear that track again..
Best tracks, aforementioned 'My wife can't cook', 'Back door blues' and...nah...they're all great.
We could do with a modern day Zoot Money to show what REAL R&B is......
on 14 May 2014
This album takes me back to the good old days of the Downstairs Club in Bournemouth when Zoot had a band called the Blackhawks. This evolved into the Big Roll Band that we hear here. Great band, great sounds great leadman, and it is still valid today. This really brought it on home to me!!
on 8 November 2013
The title track is my favourite but they are all good songs or instrumentals. Zoot`s version of the Cat by lalo Shifrin is excellent.
I saw Zoot in the 1960`s two or three times and this reinforces my admiration of his music. A young Andy Summers (Police Guitarist
is on the Album Cover.
on 12 September 2013
Excellent CD well packaged, brings back memories of the good days. Recommend to any one that like this style or Zoot Money
on 22 February 2015
One of the sixties underated bands,Zoot a great front man a top live band which featured Andy Sommers of Police.They played rnb with real style.
on 25 October 2016
An album that stands the test of time. An excellent set of musicians that made a wonderfull album that was mainly ignored at the time.
on 22 May 2016
Excellent comp from Zoot and the band. FYI Zoot is still gigging and is in fine voice
on 15 January 2017
Bought for Please Stay ....single getting worn out!
on 7 July 2014
Item as described. Highly recommended.
on 14 January 2016