on 25 October 2004
I used to play guitar for Zoot back in the early 60's and he was then and still is, my favourite British Blues artist. This collection captures the real Zoot, the entertainer and rocker, who charmed his way round the country, from Lands End to John O'Groats during those wild 60's and early 70's.
Nobody who attended a Zoot Money and the Big Roll Band concert came away dis-satisfied, and I can still hear Paul Williams, Andy Somers, Nick Newell and Colin Allen knocking out that driving backing to Zoot's OTT vocals and stage clowning.
If you want to re-capture the sounds of the 60's this record will do it for you. Yes, I've bought one myself, but don't tell Zoot!
on 17 November 2010
I bought this CD last week and so far I havent stopped listening to it.
All of the tracks are superb although the sound quality on some is a little
clipped. I would like to have seen the band play live but at 52 am too young
to have sampled the real deal in the '60s. This is the next best thing.
on 15 June 2016