Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 7 April 2012
This is a simply brilliant film. If you've ever seen a Chemical Brothers concert you'll love it, if you've ever been to a festival you'll love it, if you enjoy watcing brilliant visuals enhancing excellent music you'll love it. It works on so many levels - the setlist is quite eclectic with a good mix across their career, with some excellent little reworks of various tracks. The visuals are as stunning as you'd expect from a Chems gig, especially one on such a grand scale. But what sets it above nearly all other live concert films is the post production on the visuals, and the immersive use of cameras within the crowd. It's the glimpses of faces of strangers through the crowd, the shared smile lit by a strobe, the closed-eyed-hands-in-the-air rapture of people peaking along with the music that really gets the hair standing up on the back of your neck.

It's a vintage year for old skool idm fans, with this film, Orbital's Wonky and Leftfield's TOURISM all being released in quick succesion. Along with the clubbing episode of 'Spaced - Definitive Collectors' Edition [DVD]', the Glastonbury [DVD] and 'Underworld - Everything Everything Live [DVD]', this is the sort of experience that makes me want to get off my arse and get out there again. And if I can't persuade the wife to come with me she can look after the kids. :-)

I can't recommend this enough. Buy it.
on 10 February 2012
I saw this film in the cinema, I know my sound system or my televisual abilities won't be able to compare what I saw, but if your fan of the Chemical Brothers or even a strong fan of Dance or Trance, I strongly recommend this film, you will never regret what you saw/ listened to when you hear/ see this baby. Its a masterpeice of live music.
on 27 March 2012
Outstanding.

Long time Chemical Brothers fan, and this delivered on all counts. Its as close to being at a gig as possible, but not in the slightest comparable.

If I had one criticism it's a pretty intense experience and exhausting. Those clown choir boys take their toll :)
on 10 July 2016
We love the brothers, and this video does them proud. Quite a hard set, great sound, but the japanese crowd look a little uncertain at times with the excellent and slightly disturbing visuals, lol!! Very enjoyable and watched several times already.
on 24 May 2013
As a lover of the earlier stuff I thought Tom and Ed lost their edge come early 2000's but with Don't Think they're back at the top of their game, love this CD and make sure you play the DVD in the dark to get the best effects from the lasers :)
on 12 April 2012
I saw the Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury a few years ago, it was a highlight of the Festival for me, so I was interested in how well their performance would come across on DVD.I only watched it on a smallish screen TV but I thought it was a really powerful experience on the whole, beautifully directed and with the exception of the "trippy" Japanese girl wandering around the festival site,which felt a bit forced to me, a superb audio visual experience.Great not to be disappointed by concert footage.
on 18 June 2013
Not boasting but I have an 11' projection screen at home, put this live show on before going out and its like having the Chem's in your living room!
Second only to actually seeing them in the flesh at Glastonbury.
on 28 April 2012
I've got to say what a fantastic live music DVD this is.

I was lucky enough to see them twice in 2011 (Glastonbury and Creamfields) doing a very similar set to this and it perfectly captures what it is like to experience the wonder of the Chemical Brothers in concert.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 star rating is because there is a distinct lack of bass in the sub woofer channel on the 5.1 audio mix. You may think this is a slightly trivial matter but one of the over-riding experiences on seeing the Chems live is their fantastic bass sound. I know you will never be able to recreate this completely at home but it is definitely lacking it the Dolby 5.1 mix. If you switch to the 2 channel mix on the DVD the bass distinctly improves (but you obviously lose the surround effects)

Never the less it's still an amazing DVD and any live music fan could not fail to be impressed. Buy it, you will not be disappointed.
on 1 April 2012
This blu-ray serves as a great reminder of what's so great about the whole culture of electronic music, clubbing, and attendance at live events. While watching Don't Think, I was reminded of a concert given by the Chemical Brothers at the Academy in Birmingham. It was a great live show, one of the best I've seen since catching Prodigy's Breathe tour at Glasgow Barrowlands. I can still remember the moment that Got Glint was played and somehow, through their show, the Chemicals had managed to bring an ACTUAL sunset into the Academy. It was an incredible moment of tranquility in a breathtaking show.

The concert filmed in this blu-ray is different, no sunset, no Got Glint, but it's certainly looks to be up there with the best of them. Don't Think provides almost total immersion in the event. I was struck on several occasions by the way that we're brought a wonderful combination of exiting music and great visual artistry. We can see all the elements of the live experience brought together: the source video being projected, the actual elements filmed to create those projections, the light show, the chemical brothers themselves, and, most important of all, the reactions of the crowd: the looks of awe and euphoria, the excitement; all blended with the music to create a perfect blu-ray.

The music is superb. I know you want a balanced review, so I'll say give two tiny criticisms, both of which can probably be ignored. I was slightly disappointed by (1) the absence of Got Glint and the sunset and (2) the fact than an almost acapella version of "Out of Control" was used. Overall though, it's a foot tapping, head nodding experience from beginning to end. Perfect.

Here's hoping that the team behind this video will produce some more. This is a great reminder of what you're missing if you can't catch the Chemicals live at some point in your life, and what you missed if the dance music culture passed you by entirely. Of the live music videos I've seen (Prodigy: "Worlds on Fire" and "Their Law"; Queen: "Rock Montreal"; Nine Inch Nails: "Beside You In Time"), Don't Think is the best.
on 7 August 2013
I just wanted to ask whats the region for this Blu ray.

It says region free up top on the title, but in the description says region A/1.

Can someone clarify please?

Regards,