on 14 April 2013
I wanted some banana plugs for my Yamaha 1010 AV Receiver, i have 7 speakers but only needed enough to cover 5 sets of speaker, 2 of my speakers can't use these plugs, i looked at various other brands, most looked cheap and nasty, these ones seemed higher quality going by the image on Amazon, i am pleased to say that when they arrived i found they are indeed as good as the picture suggests.

I was able to put these on the speakers and AV end and still have some spare, now i was lucky that 2 speakers could not take banana plugs, i will give light criticism and say that they should consider supplying 14 pairs as that would cover a 7 speaker setup very well, i won't knock a star off though as they are worth 5 stars for the price, excellent product, having dual screws makes them extremely effective, some brands are trying to sell banana plugs at ridiculous prices, this one is well worth the cash and i heartily recommend them.
on 26 August 2015
great product, very well made and excellect value for money. And they are nice and tight not like some you get,
When I need more I would definately buy these again,ive used them for jumper cables to biwire
review image review image
on 1 May 2017
Top Top quality plugs with no noticable drop in sound quality. certainly would buy again.
on 5 February 2014
Well made and it shows. Not an expert in these things, but found them easy to use and sturdy. Don't know why you'd pay more, and unless you do I'd suggest you don't!
on 17 May 2015
Fab finish and work well

Don
on 8 September 2012
After buying an amp I wanted to have a solid way of connecting my cables to the amp. This product was exactly what I wanted. Each plug is of a metal construction and have two screws (top and bottom) to fix the speaker cable to the plug, fits firmly and works really well.

My only odd querk - is why 6 pairs? For 5.1 setups, you have 5 speakers and a (active) sub (so if your like me you end up with a spare pair). The connectors are solid so you're unlikely to thread them or break any, so having a spare is a little odd! I guess it might be there for those with a passive sub perhaps? but surely most people dont do that do they?

Excellent value, good quality.
on 2 January 2014
I bought these banana plugs expecting 12 pairs but instead only receiving 6 pair. Sewell seems to have changed the listing to only 6 pair citing the original description as a mistake. This is clearly not an error as I have been told but seems very deliberate (all the reviews for this product will attest to it being 12 pair).
Although I have been unsuccessful in receiving the remaining 6 pairs of banana plugs, Amazon have been very helpful and have discounted me a percentage of the original price.

I shall be avoiding Sewell and their shady practices in the future.

(PS. only tried a few but so far the banana plugs seem to be okay, nothing more)
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2012
I went to Richer Sounds and they offered me 10 pairs of their "premium" banana plugs for £100. These plugs cost £20 for 12 pairs and I doubt there is any material difference. This was the first time I had tried to connect plugs and it went smoothly. The instructions on the back of the packaging were minimal but even for a novice like me it only took a couple of minutes to work out what you had to do. Then it took about 5 minutes per wire, + and negative, to make the connection. Unscrew the barrel, loosen the 2 screws on the connector, insert the wire, re-tighten screws, replace the barrel. Was easy and all you need is a small flat screwdriver. Needn't have even taken 5 minutes but I was deliberate. The connection is fine and when plugged into the receiver all speakers worked. Great value and I just feel better about this type of connection rather than bare wire. Especially useful if you want to change your receiver or play around regularly. Well worth the money.
on 9 March 2012
Have a 7.1 system so needed plenty of cable plugs (28 to be precise!), and this set of 24 allowed me to wire up all the connections at the amplifier (14) and five of the speakers at the speaker ends (10), just leaving the rear surrounds with my old plugs attached.

The quality of the plugs is excellent. What makes them so different to other plugs I have used in the past is threefold:

1) They have double grub screws to attach the cable in the plug......single screws notoriously come loose and I've had to refit single screw plugs many times to my speakers, especially after they have been moved about a bit.

2) The outer casing screws off the plug section completely, making it a piece of cake to wire them, and leaves a very tidy finish to the plug.

3) The actual size of the plug is much larger/fuller than plugs I've had before. In fact they are 50% larger than the ones i just replaced. That doesn't mean they are over-sized, but rather the plugs really have to be pushed firmly into the speaker posts to get them in, meaning the connection must be very very good, and highly unlikely they will ever come out of the posts when moving speakers about.

Brilliant set of plugs for the price.
on 27 April 2013
Yes the quality is excellent,the price is brilliant,the fitting is easy peasy but still not convinced i really need banana plugs,can't
notice hugh difference in sound quality,but can see benefit of "push in / pull out" connection when changing speakers.
No argument re.quality and value.Fast delivery.