on 29 August 2013
Took a bit of getting used to having wires attached to a mop, but did a good job of cleaning
on 17 March 2013
Easy to use, ready in a jiffy, can't fault it! Light as a feather so easy to carry around the home.
on 16 October 2014
i was very happy
on 11 August 2014
Excellent
on 25 May 2012
I've now had the steamer for a while and I am not impressed. It's outings are to clean a run of ceramic floor tiles and also a bathroom with vinyl florring.

The vinyl floor has cleaned very easily and the steamer slid over the floor with ease.

On the tiled floor a little more effort was needed. Firstly I had to run the vacuum over the tiles to get rid of obvious fluff from the cats and any loose debris. Using the Vax I had often to hold the steamer in place to loosen, for example, dried cat food, as the tiles have some texture.

Whilst you can see that floors are left damp (well, you are using water!) we are fortunate that we can leave doors open to create a through-draft to dry. I had used detergent also, which smelt pungent, like Flash, when filling the bottle, but no smell was left after cleaning, though not impressed with it's cleaning ability.

The tiles and vinyl looked reasonable after steaming, but the shape of the cleaning head (a) DOES NOT clean into corners (so you have to finish by hand) and (b) our cats tend to manage to get food onto the floor and I found that the steamer cloth did not pick these up in most cases, but simply pushed them around the floor (again leaving you to clean the bits!).

Overall, I mark this item down and am ordering some alternative cleaning head cloths and if these don't improve the performance then it's going!

Loading the steamer with the water and the detergent was easy enough, though I don't have much faith in the seals to prevent leakage. The electric power cable is long enough to suit most households, I think and can be wrapped onto the steamer when not in use. The machine seems well made (time will tell!) and comes with a 2-year guarantee that you have to register on-line.
3 people found this helpful
on 28 June 2012
I bought this little Vax steamer as we have recently tiled the whole ground floor of our house and as I have recently has a spinal operation I now cannot lug a heavy bucket or dirty water around with a mop washing, rinsing and drying metre upon metre of tiled floor. The unit itself is lovely to look at and very easy to use, the detergent smells lovely and fresh as well. The only downside is that the pads supplied get soaking wet after only approx 1m2 of steamaing before I had to remove the pad snd ring it out (which is hot). I took advice from other people who had purchased this Vax and bought, in advance, a different pad that is much thicker, you can get a 3 pack of these on Amazon for a reasonable price and they can be chucked into the washing machine as well. Using the alternative pads I can now wash the whole ground floor without having to keep stopping and ringing out the mop head (which defeats the object really of not bending all the time!!) The pads I bought are called 'replacement Pad For VAX S2, Bionaire Steam Mop & Montiss CSM5761M Microfibre CORAL Washable Pad Fits H2O H20' and are brilliant. So overall, I am very pleased and would definately recommend this product, it gives you a super clean fresh smelling floor with minimal fuss. I have not tried the carpet steam yet but I am sure that is also efficient.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 September 2012
Well I ordered this on Saturday morning, and it arrived Monday - can't fault that!

I am a bit rubbish with technical matters but managed to slot it all together in about 10 minutes and then I was up and running. Many people have told me about steam cleaners and I have to say they are right - they clean fantastically well - my laminate floors look as good as new as do my tiled bathroom floors. I wanted to buy this bare floor model as I have a lot of floorboards and the cleaner has made a big difference - really lifting the ingrained dirt. I was a bit worried about some of the reviews saying floors were soaking wet, but having used it, I think you're meant to use the machine fairly quickly (although it says slow in the manual) but I think if you use it slowly that's when you're adding more water to the floor.

I don't have a big house but I managed to clean almost all my floors with the one set of tanks. The detergent that comes with it is citrus fresh but is not overpowering - you just have bright shiny floors! Obviously I've never used a steam cleaner before so they may all be the same but I felt reassured having a 2 year guarantee & a product that is so simple to use. Buy one - you won't regret it!
3 people found this helpful
on 24 March 2017
Dubious about how well pads would stay on with "Velcro" style fixing - and whether these would be absorbent enough - Wrong to doubt on both counts. Pads stay put and the steam is so hot that there's very little moisture to absorb and even on full steam burst all the time floors are clean and dry. Detergent feature is great helps clean little stained areas (3 dogs with muddy paws) and leave sparkling floors with a faint citrus odour. Cloth head seems to have a wide cleaning area and cleans so efficiently that it is faster than either of the other two steam mops I've had before and (and I can't emphasise enough!) the floor is left clean and dry with no "soggy" damp patches of dirty water that I used to get if I didn't change mop heads every 10 minutes. - Brilliant!
11 people found this helpful