Customer reviews

on 31 July 2017
had this book for my father who absolutely loves it x
on 20 June 2016
I came across my first Welsh legends book when visiting a lovely castle a few months ago. Within a few days I had devoured it and was left with a hunger to find out more about this stunning country. Graham Watkins book is an absolute joy; most tales were not known to me and the ones I had already came across were retold much better! Overall the book has a very engaging and accessible style that is suited to both adults and children. My imgination was racing while reading and this beautiful land is now even more magical and mysterious! I have since gone on to read Welsh history, but I still keep returning to this book or am reminded of its joy when out walking in the valley. It really is a treasure. If you like folk tales, magic, places and stories - you will love his book! Diolch yn fawr iawn, Graham Watkins.
on 7 August 2012
Very informative. Really enjoyed reading the legends about the areas am so familiar with. Had a vague idea about a few of the legends but was so interesting to read the full stories. Some fascinating myths and legends that were a pleasure to read. Interesting book and would make an excellent gift.
on 1 September 2012
It is not necessary to be familiar with the Welsh countryside to enjoy the stories in this book. If you enjoy myths and legends you will certainly enjoy these stories.
on 8 August 2012
Extremely well researched and written,Graham Watkins brings these wonderful welsh legends to life in this enjoyable book.
Ideal as a companion for great welsh holidays,as a gift for anyone interested in Wales or folk history and for everyone who enjoys a good read!Keep then coming Graham!
on 29 September 2012
We found this book very interesting & informative,lots of little tales which could easily be forgotten as time passes,Wales is a very beautiful place well worth visiting & we have spent some happy times there.review of Kindle edition from Amazon.
on 30 August 2012
Welsh Legends and Myths is an interesting collection of short stories drawn from across Wales. At last I know why Llyn Glaslyn, the lake at the foot of Snowdon, is green; coloured as it was by the copper hilt in King Arthur's sword, Excalibur. If the legend is true and Arthur fell mortally wounded at the Pass of Arrows, then he must have been a Welshman! An entertaining read which I thoroughly enjoyed. "

Thanks

Steve Jones
on 7 October 2012
If you live in, or are planning to visit Wales then Graham Watkins book is a must have - it makes walks in the forests and moors into something quite magical - and is a great way to tell the old myths and mysteries to children - of all ages! I live in Wales and hadn't heard of all of them - great to have these old tales brought into a modern format for all to enjoy.
on 8 August 2012
I stumbled across this book from a recommendation of a friend who had just had the pleasure of spending some time in Wales and exploring the beautiful countryside. I too decided to go to Wales to explore and set foot outside of our vast country to delve into a quainter world, well this book did not let me down. Wonderful, I actually re-read the book on my flight back to the USA and imagined being there again, exploring the areas through Graham Watkins world which became mine, thank you. Wonderful memories and a fantastic read and re-read, thats the sign of a great author.
on 12 August 2012
Mr Watkins has woven stories of Welshfolk lore and legend into a compelling and very readable book. It can be read to inform and to capture your imagination. It is a book that realy inspires. This book is well researched and enjoyable to read. Mr Watkins is clearly an author to keep your eye on.
I look forward to reading Mr Watkins' next book.