Size: 3.5mm Cable 5m|Change

on 28 October 2013
Cable has a small step which fits perfectly through my phone case where as others won't. Cable is used in my car so gets moved about lots and I have had no problems with it.
on 15 April 2014
Both build and sound quality are very good.
It has replaced the Fisual S-Flex Mini that I was using with my headphones (Philips Fidelio X1) as it sounds better.

I can say that this cable is excellent for the price!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 May 2016
I purchased this 3 metre 3.5 mm Jack to 3.5 mm Jack stereo cable for a relative to use as audio output
from her TV to headphones whilst in bed recuperating from illness.
It appears to be well made, has good sound quality with no crackle, and is most suitable for creating an
audio extension for various devices.
I have used it myself several times and the person for whom it was bought loves it.
The cable is strong enough to survive day to day usage, it has a rubber outer casing and not too heavy
it offers reasonable quality for a sensible price.
review image review image
on 19 May 2016
Please note, this review is for the 5m length cable, shorter versions of the cable may likely perform better. The 5m length sadly generates considerable hiss compared to similar quality, shorter cables and the audio quality / volume again is sadly lacking in comparison.

PACKAGING, CONTENTS & MEASUREMENTS.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The KabelDirekt Pro Series 3.5mm stereo jack to jack audio cable comes supplied in a plain clear plastic bag bearing a small sticker with basic product information printed on it. Inside the cable is coiled and secured with two black twist ties, the only other contents found within is a small warranty and contact information leaflet.

MEASUREMENTS.
-------------------------
- The exact length of the cable, excluding the connectors and cable reinforcement is 498cm.
-The connector jacket and cable reinforcement sections measure 24.15mm long on each end.
- The metal connector jacket measures 8.63mm in diameter and the section between the connector and the connector jacket (the section that comes into contact with whatever device the cable is connected to) measures 5.97mm in diameter.
- The cable measures 3.69mm in diameter.

THE CABLE.
-----------------
The left, right and ground sections of the cable plug are plated with 24k gold to reduce signal loss (gold is a far better conductor of heat and electricity than carbon based metals such as steel). The connector jackets are constructed from two sections,
the connector and cable are joined within a rather cheap looking black moulded plastic with the cable reinforcement being part of the same construction.

The main section of the jacket between the cable reinforcement and connecter then has a mildly magnetic metal cap screwed on to a plastic thread (which for my liking is a little too easy to remove).

The cable has a black PVC sleeve with no braiding it is kink free and has a good degree of flexibility (the minimum size coil that can be formed without it shifting is about 3"). The first few inches out of the connector is, however noticeably stiffer. There are absolutely no markings on the cable whatsoever and so specification information regarding the cable is unknown.

The nearest quality cable that I have in comparison to the KabelDirekt Pro Series is an (https://www.amazon.co.uk/IBRA%C2%AE-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B007C2MX68). Overall the quality is similar, however the KabelDirekt Pro Series simply looks more premium with its elegant black cable and silver coloured connectors and slightly better quality moulded plastics. By comparison the Ibra looks a little tacky with its white nylon braiding and gold coloured jacket covers that said the metal covers on the Ibra jackets are at least aluminium.

For the last 15+ years or so I have lived by the rule that you should spend about 10% of the value of a device on cables for the said device, per meter, per cable to ensure that you get the best from the device (when it comes to AV equipment). Spend less and the resulting picture / audio quality will likely not be the best that the device can offer, spend more and you are not likely to see any additional benefit. (That said, just because two cables cost the same means they are the same quality, it's just a benchmark of what sort of cables you should be looking at).

This ideology was based on a forum post I read a long time ago by the very intelligent folks over at the Ars Technica OpenForum (the sum collective knowledge of the users on this forum is beyond belief, if you have a technical question that you can not find the answer to I’ll be my last penny that would will find the answer there).

Now if I based the current sale price of the cable in such a calculation, it would imply the cable is best suited for headphones / speakers under £15 in price. The problem is I'm not so sure this is accurate as currently the 1m cable costs more than the 5m cable.

I would also advise that you buy the shortest possible cable length that you can get away with. The longer the cable the greater the resistance offered by the cable which can reduce the audio signal strength which affects the volume and in cheaper cables can also affect the audio quality (such as static or hiss) and obviously longer cables cost more... well usually.

I do have to confess that I have thrown my cable purchase rules out of the window with this particular purchase, simply for the fact I didn't purchase it for myself. I recently gave my neighbours daughter a mini projector, a weatherproof Bluetooth speaker and projector screen to watch films in the garden during summer. I simply bought this cable so she could connect the speaker to the projector and have it placed above or below the screen rather than sitting on the table next to her.

To get the best from such a setup (and what I would have purchased if it were for myself) a cable costing in the region of £5 per meter should have been coupled with the devices.

Unfortunately, I do not have any other 5m lengths of 3.5mm cable for comparison and while my Ibra 1m cable is similar in price and quality (despite a vast difference in length) such a comparison isn't exactly fair or scientific, but I did it anyway.

Testing using my Sony SRS-BTM8 Bluetooth speaker playing music from a Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen I listened to multiple tracks randomly switching the cable over and repeating sections of the song to compare quality. The shorter Ibra cable sounded louder, clearer and also more vibrant, the KabelDirekt Pro cable generated about 300% louder hiss (still undetectable at distances beyond 1m) and sounded a little flat.

Sadly, without access to a 5m length of both cables this comparison is, however somewhat pointless, but it does show that the KabelDirekt Pro isn't really an ideal companion to a mid range speaker (£50-100).
on 2 November 2013
I bought this cable to replace a cheap (89p) one which was useless & a waste of money. This one is very good quality with a good flexible cable & nicely finished plugs. It works perfectly & as long as it lasts a reasonable time it will be a good buy.
on 16 January 2015
Like another reviewer here I bought this cable to replace the one that came with my Philips Fidelio headphones, in my case the L2. It took about a day to 'burn in' but after that it's unquestionably superior to the supplied standard Philips cable. However, be aware that it's a chunkier cable than it looks in the pictures, both the cable itself, and crucially, the plug fitting. It fits my Philips Fidelios, but the plug is too fat to fit either of my V-Moda headphones (M80 and M100), which is a disappointment. I already own a Fisual S-Flex cable which is slim enough to fit all three headphones and which is sonically (to my ears) not that different, certainly not as different as either cable is from the respective manufacturers' ones. So, this KabelDirect cable is very good quality for the money, but be clear what equipment you want to use it with and make sure there's enough clearance for the plug. If you're in doubt, there are slimmer fit alternatives out there of similar quality.
on 14 July 2015
3M review (New):
INTRODUCTION
I have purchased many KabelDirekt cables over the years and can vouch for their quality.
The quality of this 3 metre 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack cable lives up to my expectations of a product from KabelDirekt.
It is a longer version of the 0.5 metre I purchased 2 years ago where the old one is still going strong.
I typically use the 0.5 metre version of this cable to connect my Dr. Dre Mixr Headphones with a bluetooth receiver for journeys between home and work.
The only wear and tear I got was the text being rubbed off the metal near the 3.5mm Jack tips.

WHAT I LIKE
- Quality build
- The 0.5m version has lasted for 2 years so far with use almost on a daily basis. This 3m version will not be susceptible to the same kind of abuse since it will be used in a more permanent type location and is bound to last forever.

WHAT COULD BE BETTER
- Nothing

0.5M review(Old):
Have had this over a year now to connect a bluetooth audio receiver to my headphones.
Love the quality of this cable, haven't found another jack to jack cable like this, totally worth the affordable premium price.
Only part that has degraded is the white text rubbing off but its not really an issue!
The good thing about these is that the diameter of the end bit is quite narrow and that mean you can plug these in to some sockets that you can't get the thicker ones into.

One example of this is you can plug this easily into a phone with a case on and the cable end is thin enough you can be (reasonably) sure that you're going to have no problems.

We've tried in on Nexus' phones, iPhones and laptops, all with cases and this cable is fine.

Build quality and sound is great too - none of that rustle/crackle when you move the cable that some cheaper ones give you.
on 5 August 2013
I have purchased these cables (in 3 sizes!) to connect my Cowon Audio player to a Pioneer HM81 HiFi system to listen my collection of FLAC and MP3 files "on a big screen". I have used cheaper AUX cables in the past and they all produced a noise when connected without a player, and distort the music when playing it back. Having had a great experience with KabelDirect HDMI cables I bought these little babies to use with my recently upgraded audio set up, and I am not disappointed at the slightest. When you plug in a cable there is no noise at all even at top volume level, none. So a good start. When playing a music it sounds terrific as well with no noise or distortion I can hear.

Built quality is just terrific. Cable is thick but flexible, jacks are top quality and look very expensive. If same cables had some fancy brand printed on them I would not be surprised in they cost 10x as much.

Can only highly recommend them.
on 5 August 2013
Ordered this to complete a speaker setup in the kitchen and was not disappointed. Sound quality is great and the jack plugs are a robust metal so no wear and tear in the near future like other leads I've used in the past. This is a great product with an even better price.