on 16 June 2012
Just wanted a budget Blu-ray player with s-video phono jacks as I am running it through my Sony Wega CRT television. I'm aware I won't receive an HD picture but with most special edition films becoming only available on Blu-ray & I didn't want to get rid of a my decent TV, I decided to purchase a cheap end model.

At first I was going to buy the LG BD650 but with mixed bad & good reviews I decided against this & brought the LG 255LG. I personally think it's a crackin' piece of kit. Very easy to set up. I could go into the clarity of the picture & sound but this will fall on deaf ears as I'm using obsolete television technology but when I do go full HD it'll upscale my existing DVD library - nice!
Plays nicely on my Sony. Very happy with it. A good start to my Blu-ray experience.

I can only presume Sweetlilac had bad luck with a bad batch.
I bought this as my 1st Blu Ray player and had a horrible experience with it.

1st the battery provided was flat so had to go out and buy a new one for the remote, then when i managed to turn the thing on it got stuck on the hello icon on start up.

Turned the player off and reset it as per instructions, turned it back on, managed to get the tray open, closed it again, it got stuck on the hello screen icon. On Off wouldn't work, open/close wouldn't work , nothing worked in fact it just froze.

Phoned LG, they said it was a faulty model and to get another one.

Took it back to the shop, got a replacement, to have the same thing happen all over again, so i took it back for a full refund.

My advice ? Find another model type.