on 27 August 2013
I wanted a camera that had a good zoom and was small and easy to use this one is simple just point and click zoom is not noisy like some and picture looks great on computer a buy recommendation from me
on 17 June 2012
My husband is the keen photographer in our house and having looked at previous reviews he suggested this camera for me as an upgrade frome my iPhone.
Having taken a few shots with this camera I am generally very pleased with it. For shots where you can take time and compose your shot it's very good with nice colour saturation and not too much noise (although I haven't enlarged anything massively). I struggled when taking action shots of my husband competing in his triathlon. That is parttly because like most cameras with screens it can be hard to see exactly what you're taking. also the camera was set to switch off after a minute and so I found that the camera would be off when I wanted to take a picture. This setting can be altered and so shouldn't be a problem in future.
I would recommend this camera as a good point and shoot but keen photographers would probably prefer something a little more sophisticated
on 12 August 2012
Efficiently packaged and delivered as advertised . Would have thought automatic inclusion of a Sandisk Card would have been more pleasing for customer but exactly as explained , so no let down
on 11 July 2012
Having decided to upgrade from my 4 year old Sony ,I wanted something with at least 10x zoom.I have recently had a Canon SX230,Samsung WB720,and a Fuji F500.All had multi-features and long zooms,but none blew me away,and were a tad on the heavy and bulky size for pocket use.So I went for a more compact camera.
I have now settled on the Nikon S6300 ,and to be honest produces better results than the Samsung and Fuji.The CMOS censor does seem to work much better in low light,as did the Canon SX230 with it also.However ,because it is small and light,it needs a steady hand when used indoors and lower light,and also when using the zoom.
The features are not too complicated,but it could have had a dial to navigate through them quickly.When you do use the Scene setting you have to scroll on screen until you get to the one you want which takes`time.The setting for tracking moving objects works really well,better than any camera have I tried before.
A good camera,video OK,sharp pictures,good indoors,no good if your hands shake.
on 22 May 2012
The Nikon Coolpix S6300 is a solid, dependable ultra-compact with an impressive zoom range, but it just lacks that one killer feature to make it stand out over rivals in its price range.

Image quality is acceptable without ever really excelling, and while HD videos are sharp I was left hoping for a little something extra from the highly touted CMOS sensor.

Overall its a decent all-round compact, but nothing to get too excited about.

Good Camera for the price.
on 29 May 2012
Bought this camera approximately 4 weeks ago, I used to own an SLR camera but decided to go for something a little more versatile. This Camera does everything that it sais on the box, Exellent images, really good HD Video and above all it is well made, very easy and quick to charge an ideal camera for holidays I would recommend this product to anyone.
on 11 July 2013
Some of my best-ever photos have been taken with this camera. Excellent quality, excellent zoom, excellent price, and best of all, it still has the cropping facility, which not many do these days. Highly recommended.
on 17 January 2013
Bought this camera as my Christmas present from my boyfriend..
I'm not a pro with cameras & taking pictures but wanted an upgrade from my old Fuji camera just to take everyday pics of holidays, party times etc & this camera is great.
You could probably by a camera just as good for cheaper but I liked the look of this one & researched it reading all the reviews & I'm not disappointed but for the price it should include a memory card & case.
Overall a great click & go camera.
on 19 October 2012
I purchased this camera for my son's birthday at his request. He is very pleased with the product and finds it simple and effective to use - a very clear photo can abe viewed on the camera and there are several extras on the camera which come in handy when photographing certain subjects etc. All in all a very good camera for the money - easy to use and easy to carry.
on 15 January 2013
Bought for my wife to replace her ageing Casio which was beginning to give trouble. Not used a great deal yet, but she has been able to adapt to it easily after a pretty short demonstration and is very happy with the stronger zoom. As mistakenly taking movies instead of stills was a regular problem for her on the Casio (caused by accidental turning of a rotating knob, which could happen very easily), the Nikon approach here of using a separate release button on the back of the camera to take a movie, leaving the usual one on the top for stills only, seems a good idea. The Nikon is not as solidly built, or so it seems, as the Casio was, but it has a lot more functionality at a fantastic price, and when the apparently pretty solid Minolta (the one before the Casio) got dropped some years ago, it broke anyway, so there is probably not much point making a "light-weight" camera heavier on those grounds. All in all, this seems destined for some years of happy use, and I'm happy if she's happy!