The difference between this 3300 and the excellent previous 3100 modelNikon Coolpix S3100 Digital Camera - Black (14MP, 5x Wide Optical Zoom) 2.7 i... is fairly minor in terms of specification and styling.

Body style and size is pretty much the same as the 3100, except with a very slightly deeper body (it's only a couple of millimetres but it is noticeable) and the addition of a larger eyelet on the side to facilitate the wrist strap. Screen size remains 2.7inch and the familiar top and back button layout of the previous Coolpix models (3000 and 2000 series) is largely unchanged.

In terms of spec the only step up is a longer zoom, 6X as against a previous 5X, and an increased resolution, 16MP against 14MP. In terms of zoom, the increase from previous pocket Nikons is perhaps not as great as could be hoped, and the 16MP is impressive but certainly won't be noticeable from an already high 14MP.

The quality of pictures is excellent, as should be expected, and the camera easily copes with general everyday photo opportunities.

Excellent upgrade of the Coolpix range, available in various colours including red, blue, green, pink, purple, silver, gold and black.
66 Comments| 248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2012
Bought this camera for a holiday and found it really easy to use. The pictures all seem to have come out better than I expected and I was impressed with the battery - especially as it can be charged from a USB plug very useful when travelling.
on 9 March 2013
This camera is excellent value for money, therefore I gave it a 5 star rating. Bought it for my wife, who loves to take pictures of flowers and the smartphone picture quality wasn't enough for her. It does an excellent job.

Pros: It's very easy to use and not just on the auto setting. The menu is clear, it doesn't take much navigation to customize the settings. The point and shoot works perfectly in most of the cases and the camera boots up in no time. Furthermore, the pictures it takes are much-much better than what you'd normally expect from these cameras. If you stretch it and manipulate the settings a bit "creatively" it can take some surprisingly upper-market-camera-looking pictures. It connects to your computer easily, too. The size is perfect.

Cons: I found the pictures sometimes overexposed with the default setting, but this could be fixed easily with a -0.3- -1 custom exposure setting, which then becomes the default - brilliant. The camera is quick except on the 16M* setting (the normal 16M is fine), but this is acceptable for the price. I'm using it with a class 6 Nikon SDHC. I'd prefer a manual setting option sometimes for the exposure time and some other parameters, but you can get pretty close to what you want using predefined settings. For example, if you need a shorter shutter time, then just choose the sport mode and it does what you'd expect from it.

All-in-all I'd recommend this camera for someone wanting a no-fuss, predictable point and shoot device which takes better pictures than a smartphone. As a bonus you'll get some more control over the picture taking process, too.
on 18 May 2013
I love this thing so cute and also nice with purchase in 1 package. Incredible price, I love this because not many people have this colour. So brilliant guys thaks 4 that and of course Nikon is one of good quality. Thanks
on 29 June 2013
bought this for my daughters wedding took brill pictures. the camera itself looks good is easy to use and takes a good photograph. much better control than using a mobile phone.
on 14 July 2012
I Really needed a decent new camera and with 16mp and small and compact this camera was brilliant for the price. I ordered the Camera thinking it would be blue but kinda of metallicy also. Its both these things but a proper shocking blue its very bright and i was surprised at how blue it really is.

The camera works great, does what it says on the tin. Its very much idiot proof anyone could use this camera just by picking it up and playing about. Really chuffed with it and cant wait to use it for my holiday and VFEST snaps. Would Defs reccommend to anyone wanting a decent compact easy to use point and shoot camera.

Make sure u get a memory card when purchasing though as the memory wont hold too many snaps on its own.

A great feature is that its mains rechargable so no need for batteries! This was a bug bear of my last camera so really appreciate this feature as it doesnt take long to charge. About 2 hours by mains/laptop.

BUY IT.
22 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2012
A great little camera!!!! I mean my friend has a huge DSLR and I had this, we uploaded them and watched a sideshow of the pictures of several occasions I said wow great picture to my friend every time there was a good picture, however afterwards I look on my camera and found out all of the best pics had been taken with the £100 (this one) and not the £450 the DSLR!!!!! Wow great for the money u pay!

However I did find out that you can not do as much editing of photos directly on your camera as it says you can, however not a problem for me because I upload them onto my iPad with a nifty little pluggy thing and I then edit them on iPhoto!

So overall a good camera and worth every penny you pay get it now!
11 Comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2012
BRILL LITTLE CAMERA AFTER GETTING USED TO CONTROLES. BEST RESULTS WHEN USED WITH CD THROUGH PC TO DOWNLOAD CONTENTS TO COMPUTER WITH SUPPLIED USB CABLE
on 16 June 2012
Great little camera, battery life good - last for ages! I used the video for 4/5 mins and was delighted with results , clarity & sound excellent. Picture clarity excellent too. Lightweight and comes in great range of colours. Would highly recommend. Quick, efficient service from seller too, thank you.
on 8 September 2012
Having had Nikon cameras before I was pretty relaxed when considering the Coolpix. Not as young as I was, the Coolpix is easy to use, slips easily into a pocket or rucksack and is lightweight. A super camera, it has become a good friend in a short time. Amazon's delivery was first class, the camera arrived in no time at all. If thinking about a new camera, buy this one with with confidence from Amazon.