on 29 August 2013
I bought these for a home-made electrical device, and I'm please to announce they worked perfectly and I had so much left over after too.
on 14 January 2013
This wire is as described and comes in a bag in a nice variety of colours etc. Just make sure you really want solid core wire and not twisted wire. If you bend this wire back and forward repeatedly it will eventually break.

However for many applications this wire is perfect.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 October 2012
I love spending time in my shed and working on DIY projects, however unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which way you look at it) I have managed to complete just about all the major jobs on my house over the past three years.

So in an attempt to keep busy I recently purchased a couple of really great books:

Gonzo Gizmos: Projects and Devices to Channel Your Inner Geek

Return of Gonzo Gizmos: More Projects and Devices to Channel Your Inner Geek

In the interests of brevity I will simply say that they are packed full of dozens of projects, many involving electrical components.

I therefore required some wiring and this set seemed to fit the bill, and now having purchased and received it I can confirm that it offers pretty good value.

You get seven lengths, each 5m long, and handily they come in seven different colours: Red, White, Yellow, Blue, Black, Orange and Green.

They are described as being 'rolls' of wire, the ones I received were not rolls but rather 'loops', this isn't a problem though.

The wire is 0.6mm in diameter with a plastic coating.

It is described as being suitable for elctrical hobbies and model railways, so even though I'm no expert I'm assuming its suitable for quite a variety of tasks but it is only suitable for power running from a battery.

The project I have used it for so far required it to be used with two AA batteries, I purchased one of these excellent battery holders and it worked a treat!

2 AA Enclosed Battery Holder

Overall this wire certainly appears to be a good buy, as previously mentioned I am no expert, but 35 metres of wire delivered for about £4.00 seems good to me and so far it has worked perfectly.
on 3 May 2014
I don't suppose this is something I can rave about - it is, after all, just some wire. But it is a lot of wire for a good price and it arrived well within the shipping window, actually within a couple of days.

Wire isn't the most interesting thing but if you need some, well, these guys will sell it to you. And it will be a cheap deal.
on 5 December 2013
I recently bought some 5m wire for some DIY electrical work from another retailer and it cost me the same amount as this, but only for one length. This wire I bought was a bit too thick and it was also multiple-core so it was rather useless for the small electronics work that I do.

This Brimal equipment wire pack is perfect for use with breadboards and very easy to strip for use as solder-free jumper wire as it is single-core 0.6mm and very easy to bend and keep in shape. I would recommend for anyone to use for this purpose.
on 13 February 2014
Perfect for any job! Delivery was quick and packaging was brilliant no faults at all. All round excellent quality for the low price
on 22 April 2014
4 Stars, the wire is solid core, length as described. Not really roll's more just 5m wire coiled up in a plastic bag. That was great for me, I don't have much space so I store all my old off cuts in the bag along with the 7 Loops. If you have space an wish to invest in a rail, with lots of wire in it then I would recommend something on spools, but brilliant if your short on space.
on 10 December 2014
Decent quality wire, but 'rolls' is misleading. They're actually 'bundles' or 'coils' and not wrapped around any sort of central form and hence prone to tangling unless you are careful in how you handle it. The 10m 'Spool' is what I probably meant to buy, but I didn't realise at the time.
Excellent coloured wires for your breadboard projects. I started using them for my university projects which they helped me make a big difference. The colour variation could make the project complexity easier due to standards you will set (e.g., white goes to the ground, etc.)
on 9 September 2014
Alright but don't actually come in rolls, they come in bunches