on 28 March 2015
I have not seen the movie but I love this entire album including the Madonna song Masterpiece which to my taste is one of her best songs.
The orchestral part of the album is superb, emotional, melodic, and modern. the recording is clear and clean of sound impurities, very well produced a joy with a good sound system or very good earphones.
Abel Korzeniowski is one of my favourite modern composers A Single Man Soundtrack is a perfect companion to this album.
on 2 February 2012
I saw this movie and thought the soundtrack was breathtaking. It's minimalistic and haunting, conveying beautifully the emotions in the film. "Charms", "Duchess of Windsor", "Letters" and "Evgeni's Waltz" are my favourites. Simply divine.
on 24 May 2013
Haunting piano and cello, and very addictive. I loved the music from this very under-rated film. Just glad that 'Pretty vacant' was omitted - if you don't understand this...watch the film!
on 30 January 2012
This Soundtrack is just beautiful. Causes opulant, decadent and richness to my senses.

Ideal accompaniement to a great read or solitary, relaxing bliss.

My hearing devours this stunning Masterpiece of music...Really love this so much.
on 27 November 2012
The music on this album is just stunning. Listening to it on the film one does appreciate the pure beauty of each and every piece.
I would strongly recommend this album (and the film) to anyone .
on 12 January 2013
really good job.Fantastic music.way better than expected.i would deffinatelly recommented to anyone that like Amelie.Worth buying it for sure.Enjoy it!
on 24 March 2013
Heard this through inflight entertainment on Malaysian Airlines and bought a copy as soon as I got home. Within 24 hours I realised I should've bought one for my Mother too so went to order another from same supplier. Incredibly, the price had gone up by about 50%!! Therefore my positive review here is for the CD and not NECESSARILY the supplier (I bought the 2nd from another Amazon supplier but am not sure which one!). The album is quite beautiful, some very haunting sounds. Only slight criticism is some of the tracks are a little samey and whilst Madonna's song at the end is OK, it is only ordinary - and a little corny.
on 30 January 2012
Went to see the movie last week and was astounded how good it looked and with the added atmosphere that this soundtrack brings. Its stunningly beautiful to listen to on it's own and is totally divine. Enjoy
on 16 March 2012
I'm a BIG Madonna fan, so I had to get this CD for my collection as it features the wonderful 'Masterpeice' sung by Madonna, which is stunning. BUT the whole score is really beautiful and haunting. It mostly features strings and piano peices...pleasantly surprised: I've not seen the film, but this made me want to!! Worth a try.
on 26 July 2013
This is the only good thing about the whole project, the only shame is the Madonna song at last which does not fit with the rest of the album. (also very poor in lyrics) I loved Korzeniowski's single man soundtrack this is almost equally good. Despite the poor movie quality he managed to do an excellent work...