Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 13 May 2012
Bought these to see which coffee I preferred... Actually I like all of them and love the variety!

The Sumatra Crema is smooth but strong; the 100% Arabica are wonderfully fruity in flavour and the Estate Costa Rican is smooth but more robust then the Sumatra. The Italian Passion is very robust and perfect for Lattes etc and I'll stop there as I am starting to sound like a wine taster.

If you love coffee and want to experience the different tastes available then I would 100% recommend these pods for use in your ESE compatible machine - I have a DeLonghi machine.

The only criticism would be the packaging (scramble packed in a brown cardboard box) but this would be nitpicking when the coffee tastes so good and it makes the pods a kind of lucky dip!

Highly recommended.
33 Comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 June 2014
if you love coffee - you will love these! excellent variety of flavours, good strength and quality. The crema ones are milder which suit my mum perfectly when she visits where as my taste in coffee is much stronger which the variety in this pack certainly provides. All in all these are excellent value!!!
on 5 December 2014
Excellent selection of coffees, what a great idea. The box it was delivered in also slips nicely into a 300mm kitchen unit.

One point to note is that the coffee pod is packed tighter than would normally be tamped, so I squeeze the pods from the sides and loosen the coffee a bit, as I've already come close to blowing up the kitchen (I blew up the pod instead when I carried out an emergency pod release procedure, after the machine started blowing steam from it's lugs. It was messy, but not life threatening!).

Cheers
M
on 1 August 2016
Very disappointing. This is my second batch after buying this set a year ago.

A year ago the coffee was fabulous - every pod was thick running coffee, rich and full of flavour.

However this year, I'm not sure what Garraways have done (I'm assuming to maintain the £19.99 price) but this batch the coffee is weak and not enjoyable.

I suppose it's back to the Dualit ESE pods - they are absolutely consistent, a shame here but these ESE pods are not recommended - a cost cut too far.

Regards
Darren
on 2 August 2014
Ordered variety pack to try out various blends and we are very satisfied. The "Italian Passion" makes a very nice cappuccino!
on 13 December 2015
Recently bought a nice De'longhi coffee machine De'Longhi Vintage Icona ECOV310.AZ Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine, 1.4 Litre, 1100 Watts - Blue and, as I am usually more of a tea drinker, was looking for inspiration in flavours for coffee.
On a whim I ordered this box and was not dissappointed - arriving well before the due date, the selection of 6 different varieties has given me the option to experiment with different drinks. Milk or not the distinct flavours shine through, and the ese pods fits my machine easily - if you haven't used them, best to describe as a 'coffee bag' - not loose like tea, but pressed solid.
Really pleased I bought this selection, and will buy again from Garraways - maybe another selection too (great to have a variety to offer visitors, without having half a dozen bags going off).

Definitely worth a punt.
on 16 December 2015
These make fresh coffee making a lot cleaner as all contained in the pod. Easy to use and a great variety for the whole family and friends in this set. I bought 2 packs of 120 and am loving using them. Will order again and keep my selection topped up.
on 29 December 2012
Some reviews don't like the packaging because it is a brown box _ but it's great COFFEE which is what I'm buying...just about to order my second box!
on 3 December 2016
Brilliant coffee! I have a delonghi espresso machine and these pods it perfectly. I've ordered from garraways a few times and have always been great quality. Each pod is individually wrapped for freshness, if you're new to ese pods, I'd suggest this mixer pack to get an idea of what flavours you like, my favourite is the Italian blend.
on 13 April 2017
Regular purchasers beware. This mixed variety pack of coffee pods used to contain 120 pods and having purchased twice before I just found my previous order and clicked to repurchase. There is no warning pop-up to highlight the fact that Garraways has reduced the pack quantity which is now just 100 pods. Even worse they have reduced the quantity by removing one of the coffee selections - the decaf pods. I suspect that the decaf pods might be the most expensive to produce or am i being cynical? Certainly as some of my dinner guests are keen to have decaf coffee after dinner this option was always useful and it was because it was absent it made me check how many pods were in the box.
As the price has only changed marginally (a very slight reduction) I feel the pack size reduction is really a sneaky way to increase the profit margins.
Nothing wrong with the coffee though - but the above has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth