Customer reviews

Prisoners' Wives [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 24 April 2017
Absolutely loved this series. Got hooked and had to buy series two straightaway !
on 7 March 2012
From the very first episode I was hooked. Pregnant Gemma's perfect world comes crashing down when her husband is arrested for a murder he claims he didn't commit, Francesa is married to a career criminal and while she misses him his crimes have provided her with a life of luxury, Lou's boyfriend is doing her time and Harriet was responsible for her son getting arrested. These woman have nothing in common except the men in their lives are all serving their sentences in the prison.
The drama is well written and you really feel for the characters and the acting is fantastic.
The show was filmed in Sheffield and as I live there I recognized a lot of the places featured in the program.
This is a great show and is well worth a watch. I hope they do another series as I really enjoyed it.
on 8 February 2012
Now days a lot of TV programmes contain dire acting, bad scripts and performances that make you want to weep but this drama is completly the opposite... infact its an absolute gem. Great acting mixed with emotional connections and great storylines makes this drama a real arc de triumph - every episode is like a peice of joy as you get to follow the lives of these charecters; both physically and emotionally.

The acting standard of all the performers in excellent and one of the reasons this drama is so good is because the performances (and the way it is written and set up) allows you to connect physically and emotionally with these charecters. You feel for the charecters and follow their emotions as they go through the events of their lives in each episode. You so want things to work out for these charecters which is why this programme is so effective and strong. Every episode seems like a new chapter that you can follow with the charecters.

The storylines themselves are very strong and very stringent, and really stick out as you follow the adventures with these charecters. The storylines are realistic, emotionally filled and very, very realistic. I think this drama is amazing and I really cant wait for future and I would say buy it is as soon as it comes out on DVD. Brilliance and quality, it really is!
on 2 February 2013
Well what can I say.
I rarely watch tv anymore.
I watch what I wana watch on demand ( which isn't a lot) or I watch on dvd or online.
As soon as I watched this I Was hooked.
The acting is brilliant and reminded me somewhat of playing the field, if anyone remembers that..
It's about, as the title says, wives of prisoners.
The series starts off with vulnerable Gemma, pregnant with husband Steve's baby. When he is arrested and accused of murder.
Her world there after falls apart around her ears..
After the introduction of her, we get to know the other characters in the show and how prison life affects those on the outside and the dynamics of the families involved.
I would give this a ten out of ten.
Gritty, emotive and strong drama.
Excellent British cast.
If you liked law and order uk, prisoner cell block h, bad girls, playing the field, law and order svu, law and order ci, then THIS SHOULD BE ON YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS LIST!!
on 26 October 2012
I got it from amazon just coz reviews were so great. And i must say that i don't quite remember seeing anything as good as this!!! Such great storylines, so brilliantly written and so superbly performed!!! So many great and touching moments. And you really really feel for all the characters.
When i finished all 6 episodes in few evenings i just wanted to cry there was none left <:/
I know that when it comes to tv or cinema the sequels most often leave that feeling of slight (or great) disappointment, nevertheless, i'm really looking forward to series 2 from 'Prisoners' Wives'.
on 15 May 2012
My sister recommended this drama to me and all I can say is that it is excellent. Hope there will be another series.
on 28 February 2013
Watched this on t.v and just got the DVD for my daughter to watch as I knew she would enjoy it. Watched it again with her. Story lines start building slowly at first but soon start getting interesting reaching an exciting climax. Just pure joy to watch if you like a good drama. I can't wait for the second series in March but it's a pity they are only doing 4 episodes it should be more. Fabulous.
on 9 February 2013
This serial is undeniably the best drama serial I have seen over the last years (and I have seen many). It has everything, great scenario, actors, twists, storyline... You will not be disappointed. Cannot wait for series 2... Do not hesitate, buy this gem!
on 20 August 2012
As I had missed this programme earlier this year on the TV I was delighted to see it come to DVD so quickly. It features 4 wives/partner or mother of 4 inmates and the process that their relationships go through both with each other, family, work colleagues and their spouse/son. I watched this back to back over two days and throughly enjoyed it. I am not sure how factually correct it is however it was realistic enough for my taste! Would definately recommend
on 26 February 2013
This was fantastic, I hope there is more series's to come, which I think there will as I can see the story going on.