on 8 December 2014
The first 2 series of Being Human were totally classic TV fantasy: A ghost, a werewolf and a vampire live in a house together and are trying to be as human as possible but threats both supernatural and human keep attempting to pull them back and make them monsters again. Somehow it is a metaphor for everything in human nature that makes people feel marginalized, monsters in the eyes of society. I see metaphors for drug abuse, mental health, sexuality, bdsm and transgender.

So much for why I love Being Human. But what about series 4? Well the first 2 series were classics, and series 3 was still very good. But at the end of series 3 the vampire character is killed off, and at the beginning of series 4 George and Nina (the 2 main werewolf characters) also leave the show. As a result series 4 is marred by a drastic change of cast, which could've potentially pulled the whole show under.

Luckily it didn't, because the storylines of series 4 are particularly fascinating. Yes, Aidan Turner and Russel Tovey are hard acts to follow. And truthfully I don't like the new vampire and werewolf as much. But the writing really carries this series. There is a vampire prophecy about a baby born to 2 werewolves, a creepy ghost babysitter in the 4th episode, and the introduction of intriguing new vampire enemy Cutler. Also we still have the charming and engaging (and beautiful) Lenora Crichlow playing Annie.

So despite a major shake up of cast, the show still manages to shine. A pity that the following (and final) series saw a terminal decline in quality. What was once so great became dull and forgettable. But before that, we had this fascinating penultimate series 4.
on 4 November 2012
i liked it ,but it was not as good as series 1,2,and 3. the new people ,did not have much going for them .nothing relly to like .
on 27 January 2013
Great dvd - I love sci fi DVDs and had to buy this. It is great - I recommend buying it.
on 13 August 2012
Arrived a lot quicker than i anticipated considering came from England to Australia.
Show had changed a bit from last season but change was great and i enjoyed, can't wait for the next season.
on 27 May 2013
I loved this program since it started.
I like vampire and werewolf films.
I would recommend it to my friends.
on 13 December 2013
Brought this as I had loved the previous 3 series. I had been warned that I probably would be disappointed, but needed closure. Unfortunately, I was disappointed, it feel seriously short of the previous programmes, in both story lines and depth of the new characters. Such a shame.
on 24 March 2013
Arrived quickly and is a brilliant show! Well written and acted, a nice blend of comedy and seriousness without taking themselves too seriously.
on 2 January 2014
bought this as a present to make up the set. great service, good value for money. person it was bought
for was very happy
on 4 June 2013
I love the programme i'm waiting for series 5, I would tell family and friends about the programme and to buy the whole lot
on 7 February 2013
my daughter could not wait to watch her new dvd she loved it and it was a perfect gift great