on 19 January 2014
I have measured greenhouse temperatures for 50 years and this is the first instrument that is affordable, accurate and capable of doing the job for many years without failure. I have bought 6 of these over the last three years for my greenhouses and cold frames, they have endured minus 15 to plus 40 degrees in very damp conditions and they all still perform perfectly on the original batteries. Excellent value and always fast delivery.
51 people found this helpful
on 7 December 2017
I can't guarantee its accuracy because I have nothing to compare it with. However I do notice how quickly it records even small changes in temperature. I have mine in the conservatory, where I often like to leave my dog, and depending on the temperature open the door to give access to the balcony. It's important the temperature is not too hot or too cold for my dog, so I check upon the temperature constantly - this thermometer has now become invaluable. A silly little thing that I am now reliant upon. If you are looking for a thermometer like this, I think you would be happy with this one, it does the job, and is good value for money, so I think it should be first choice. (postscript - do tear off the plastic numbers that are actually part of the packaging and do not move. I thought it was not working until my husband pulled off the plastic numbers - felt like a bit of an idiot!)
on 17 March 2018
✤ DIGITAL MAX/MIN THERMOMETER
✤ ELECTRONIC TEMPERATURE INSTRUMENTS LIMITED (ETI)

~ RANGE : -20 to 69.9°C / RESOLUTION 0.1 °C
~ PRODUCT REF : 810-111
~ REQUIRES 1 x AAA BATTERY (SUPPLIED)

Exactly as currently shown in the stock images above, this is a handy device purchased for the greenhouse, in my case.
An easy peelable label needs to be removed from the display screen.
It is necessary to ‘place the unit away from direct sunlight & draughts to ensure an accurate reading’.

Measuring around 20.75 cm x 10.75 cm x 2.75 cm, the blister pack was securely wrapped in a padded envelope for safe transit. The back of the pack includes multi-lingual INSTRUMENT OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS & the one year limited warranty (details online).

Allowing for the ‘roof-effect’, the unit measures around 7.75 cm (widest) x 14.5 cm (longest) x 2.75 cm (deepest) and is made from a DARK GREEN-coloured, rigid plastic-type material.

It was easy to fit the 1 x AAA battery, supplied, by lifting off the battery compartment cover on the back of the unit. This literally does just lift off, i.e. no fiddly little screw to deal with. The unit immediately worked & reached ambient temperature in a minute or so.
The unit can lie flat or hang via a small hole at the apex. As the unit is relatively lightweight, I have hung mine, which also means that the battery cover is held secure against a flat surface.

The display screen measures around 4.5 cm x 3.75 cm and shows the MAX & MIN temperatures in BLACK LED format that have been reached since the previous setting, along with the CURRENT TEMPERATURE in the middle.
The temperature can be set to °C or °F, by pushing the right-hand little white button on the front ~ the RESET (CLEAR) is the left-hand button.

I have only been using the unit a short while so cannot comment on the quoted battery life of 4000 hours that is included on the specification inside the packaging (last image below refers).

[15 images attached]
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on 10 January 2018
I bought this to go in my new conservatory to monitor temperatures over the winter. So far it has worked well. I have it propped up where I can see if from the house and the visibility is good and clear through the window.
I look forward to monitoring summer temperatures too.
The only negative in my eyes is the colour - a ubiquitous "garden green" which looks quite cheap, but it is a tool not an ornament so the colour is of no importance.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 October 2016
I bought one of these a little while ago, set it to fahrenheit which was so easy by the press of a button, every thing works perfect, and every thing was as described in the add, first class price and delivery which was delivered quite fast, Thank you seller . yes I would recommend to any one, Regards:Don
on 28 February 2013
Very good value. I bought two of these units, one for the greenhouse & the other to check various room tmperatures following installation of a new boiler. Both have a large clear easy to read display.
21 people found this helpful
on 23 September 2012
After buying several similar products to use in my garden which all stopped working after they got rained on,I bought this product and has now been on my garden shed all summer out side been rained on and still keeps working.Great for out door use.
31 people found this helpful
on 25 February 2018
Great thermometer, after my old mercury one passed away I purchased one of the ones with alcohol in that did max min temps. The small metal plug in it kept getting stuck and wouldn’t move which was a complete waste of time in my greenhouse which had cost me £12 in my local garden centre, after purchasing this one online for half the price it works great gives me accurate readings of min max temp comes with small AAA battery as well. Gives a reading of actual temp then just a small button to clear the max min reading to start again. Simple and effective.
on 22 December 2016
Good solid feel, well designed, easy to operate and very clear. Plus or minus 2 degrees is quite a lot of leeway but I've since discovered that if I put all our thermometers in the same place they all show wildly different temperatures! I bought this one because it goes well below the minus 10 degrees of other max/min thermometers on offer. Not that I'm expecting temperatures in Taunton to go below -10 (that would really be something!) but I wanted to be able to see, occasionally, how the freezer is doing.
One person found this helpful
on 18 January 2017
Needs an easy to read thermometer this is just the trick. Nice design large easy to read.