Customer reviews

Mr Skip
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 22 February 2015
The story is about a girl called Jackie who lives in the City. She loves to crawl in the dumpsters and bring things home from it. She found a garden gnome broken in pieces in a dumpster. It's was her mothers birthday soon , and she thought it would be nice to give her the garden gnome as a gift. She fixed up the garden gnome and called it Mr Skip.
The most interesting thing about Mr Skip is that he comes alive - he can talk but doesn't move. He makes miracles happen. The best part is that she loves horse racing and her Grandma has a pet donkey called Barnaby . My favourite part in the story is when Barnaby wins a race and goes 40 miles per hour.
In the end they lose the €1m race but still get €500,000 euros from a film producer for their story, and can now move to the country and have a pet horse called Skippy.
My favourite character was Mr. Skip.
This book made me laugh in places.
I would give this book 1000 out of 1000, and I recommend it.
8 people found this helpful
on 23 March 2017
Good read. My daughter LOVED this book. Well written and great story. Highly recommended to any age and even the grown ups love it too
One person found this helpful
on 23 May 2017
Excellent condition of the book for a second hand book. Very pleased with this purchase. The story is suitable for my 6 year old to read and he is able to read the words with ease. Thank you.
on 2 December 2015
Another wonderful story, my 8 year old Son loved this one. Always happy with Michael Morpurgo books, fantastic for children written in a way that children understand and they get right into the stories. Would highly recommend, looking for books to read with your children, Michael Morpurgo Books are the way to go!
on 23 August 2013
A good read, interesting plot and good, 'alive' characters. Only reservation: I am not that fond of magical forces that give empowerement to disempowered children !
Still, I would recommend the book to any 8-11 year old boy or girl
4 people found this helpful
on 5 May 2016
My grand daughter loves this book and her mum is almost fed up of reading it to her. Looking forward to when she can read it for herself.
One person found this helpful
on 9 January 2018
Bought this for my granddaughter, she loved it. Good prompt delivery.
on 22 February 2018
Great series of books for granddaughter as advanced reading for age group
on 13 March 2018