Customer reviews

50 Must-Have Violin Concertos
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£2.79

VINE VOICEon 8 November 2017
This is of course great value for money, and I honestly couldn't tell you whether they're well played or not. All I can say is that they sound good and do the job for me. Hpwever, I'm not so happy about the 50 quoted, and so I've knocked a star of for actually lying. It's a bit as though I bought 128GB USB and found it was a 32GB one - perfectly good but disappointing.

But hey, it's worth getting anyway.
on 11 December 2012
OK so I downloaded this album because it seemed ridiculously good value and contained 3 versions of Bach's Concerto for 2 violins in D minor - one of my fav pieces of classical music.

I have many versions of some of the same tracks and I would rate the versions on this album as being technically precise and well played but lacking in the soul and rhythmical genius I found in some FLAC recordings. For £1.49 though and small MP3 file size you really can't complain - buying the 3 versions of this one track separately would have cost more than the entire album!

Overall if you are dipping your toe into classical, are a casual fan or intend to only play the music on an MP3 player without amplifiers and expensive headphones, I would highly recommend this album. If you are after flawless earthy performances to run through your £300 headphones, well, you can afford the data storage and upfront cost of FLAC files, so what are you doing here looking at bargain basement albums?
on 24 December 2012
The title of this album is a clear breach of the Trades Descriptions Act in that there are not 50 concertos but 16 and two other pieces. I am happy, though, to give it five stars because the 16 are indeed all the famous ones. I do not have enough musical training to make informed criticism of the performances. The performers are all unknown to me, but they appear to me to play very well.

This will get listened to a lot.
on 11 November 2013
I just love them though I tend to use them most in 'shuffle' mode for all songas. To listen to them ll striaight off can get to be too much. Very dgood and very cost effetive.
on 9 April 2016
another violin must have
on 14 October 2013
Love these violin Concertos. They are clear and even better they are free. Excellent offer for me being a pensioner.
on 26 January 2013
Happy with it although not a musician or great classical music expert myself to really give a proper feedback of the collection. Easy to get it straight away after the purchase
on 1 December 2014
Fantastic album.

Sounds great on kindle fire too.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Have just downloaded this item. For the price the performances are excellent and this is well worth having in your repertoire.
on 2 February 2015