on 10 August 2014
easy to put together took me about 20 minutes or so.
As the [plastic sheeting is not attached to the bottom and the wooden sides just sit on top of it i put some nail tacks all the way round the bottom to keep the sheet in place which as worked really well and no sand comes out from under it. the cover that goes on the top is really good as well i use four bricks in the corners of the wooden base to keep cover in place.
My little ones love it there is plenty of space inside the sand pit for hours of fun and play
on 24 July 2016
I was reluctant to buy this after reading some of the reviews, but the price was so good I didn't think there was much to lose.

Easy to put together, I decided to nail the bottom sheet on and placed in the corner of my patio. Took 4 x 15kg bags to fill it well.

My 4 year old daughter is happy with it, simple but effective.

The cover seems fine I placed a couple of toys on top just in case.

Can't go wrong for the money.
on 22 September 2016
Really nice sandpit, the Base is a ground sheet that we stapled to the sandpit and the cover is a plastic sheet which fits snugly over the top. My daughter and her puppy have enjoyed playing in it and have had plenty of room for toys too. I don't think it will last forever and it is not the sturdiest I've seen but I'm sure it will do another summer or two and so for the price paid I am happy
on 23 July 2015
With so many sandpits out there, I wanted one that was sturdy, would last and one with a functional lid - so when it rains the sand is kept dry! This one does all three. Second day of installing and it rained heavy all night - sand is still lovely and clean and playable. I would point out that the lid does need a little weight added. I put a small brick on each corner.
on 31 July 2015
No bottom on the sand pit just a sheet like weed control so let's a lot of sand out even when stuck to the wood but otherwise really good and sturdy and kids love it just enough room for my 2 girls to get in and make a sandcastle and really easy to put together. Saying all that I wouldn't buy same one next year I find the plastic ones a lot better.
on 21 June 2014
Yes it looks great as the wood is half decent but thats about it because all it is is 4 pieces of wood, a sheet and plastic sheet. The cover doesn't stay on, the sand / balls aren't completely enclosed as gaps at bottom unless on flat cement. Wish I had read reviews. Will be emailing plum!!!
on 2 July 2015
Summers are short so this product is great for occasional use! Very easy to assemble and for such a well made piece I am very pleased!
All the bad reviews potential buyers might read, they are nonsense! For £15 this is well worth the money!!
on 26 May 2014
Easy to put together, great price (£20) perfect for any aged child. My 9 month old has used it a few times and loves it. Could do with clips to keep cover on top as it does blow off if not weighted down but no big issue.
on 20 September 2016
Bargain all round. Good size pit. Its not the strongest of wood granted but what do you want for this price? Would recommend. Delivery service was excellent! Only downside was the smell of the covers!
on 11 August 2016
Complete waste of time and money. Aggrieved to give one star! To start with it is so shallow you can have have a sprinkling of sand in it, the four pieces of wood are flimsy and the whole thing has no strong structure at all. No base so you can't move the sand pit. The cover has holes in so rain etc can still get in and our cover even had a tear. The most 'quality' thing is the company branding on the side of the panels which frankly is embarrassing as you wouldn't want to admit this was your product. Total waste of money as we know this won't last two minutes. Don't make the same mistake as us!