Customer reviews

on 30 March 2013
I went to see this group a little while after Gwen Dickey was replaced by Ricci Benson, (I saw them at the De Montford Hall in Leicester in 1981), and they were still a very powerful sound and an excellent stage act. I loved their live songs as much as the stuff I'd heard on album. Here, there are some very beautiful songs as well as the enormous RR Express, which will have Rose Royce lovers up on their feet instantly.

Not every song I remembered from all those years ago are included here so I grabbed those from another compilation. Meanwhile, my favourites here are:

I'm In Love (And I Love The Feeling)
You're My World, Girl
Golden Touch, and, of course,
R(ose) R(oyce) Express!

The other big hits here score massive points and will feature heavily in future radio programmes. The other big songs not yet mentioned will be reviewed on the other album. Look out for that!
on 21 May 2013
I have been waiting for years for a full best of Rosé Royce. However it appears that we are not going to get one, so settled for this cd. Even so it is missing Car Wash, I Wanna get next to you, Put your money were your mouth is and Do your dance. Saying that you also may feel that you have been misled by the title Love Songs, as there are several upbeat tracks including the massive 7 minute RR Express which is fab. Don't let any of this put you off, as you will get the original studio versions of all tracks, which in so many Rose Royce cd's you get either Live or Re-Recorded tracks. You also get other not so well tracks which are still good, along side the rest of Rosé Royce's hits. This is currently the best, best of on the market at the moment. Here's to a full version of the best of, with all Rose Royce's hits on one cd in future.
on 30 November 2013
I thought Rose Royce had produced more hits than they had! The album boasts the obvious Wishing on a star, Is it love that you're after, and love don't live here anymore but fails to raise its game after the first three fabulous tracks!
on 30 December 2014
The hits are the best of this album the rest of the tracks are ok but in my opinion not a patch on 'wishing on a star', 'love don't live here' 'i'm in love' and my feelgood fave 'oooh boy'.worth buying for these tracks alone.
on 20 July 2014
Great voice and songs, good listening.
on 11 September 2014
Good selection of classic rose royce
on 28 October 2014