VINE VOICEon 31 January 2015
Heard tracks from this on 6 Music (which I have streaming most days when I am at home) and immediately ordered the album.

There are two sensibilities at work in this band (at least) and I think I like one ("Life's a Beach", "Skies over Cairo" ...) a bit more than the other - which is a bit less appealing ("Hail Bop") to me. But overall a great album and one I am glad I bought.

How to characterise it? think Electronica and harmony pop mixed up in equal measure, with tendencies towards Squeeze style chord changes and bridges.
on 30 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant,heard the track played on the BBC and decided to buy the album after reading the reviews on Amazon.As someone who is 60,and my tastes vary from Cream to The Temperance Movement can safely say this is one of the best albums from anyone in the last 10 years.Just go out and buy it.
on 6 August 2012
Occassionally but all too rarely I wake up in the middle of the night with an amazing tune in my head, but thanks to an alzheimers memory and a complete lack of musical ability am unable to do anything about it, ie, bottle it for prosperity and perhaps fame and fortune. This album is packed full of such tunes. I would have preferred a few more contemporary highlights to have come to the fore amongst the retro sounds that build-up on most tracks only to stymie anything modernistic that was threatening to come through. But nevertheless I count this band as one of my best finds of the last few years. If you dream the same tunes as me you'll love it!
on 18 April 2018
Love this album. This is best one so far. All good tunes.
on 28 October 2016
I first heard these guys on a TV add for Google and the album is weird but brilliant. A mix between weird and wonderful and indie hippy dance.
on 9 January 2015
This is one of the best electronica / indie albums I have heard for over a year. There are influences from Morcheeba, Boards of Canada and other groups, but the sound is still definitely their own. This is an album I have wanted to listen to over and over again and even pick up the lyrics.
on 10 November 2013
Once every few years I 'discover' a band that stands out from the rest, and this time it's Django Django. What a seriously impressive debut album - fresh sound, succulent rhythms and razor sharp vocals. These guys are great, I want more!
on 1 April 2016
I was recommended to buy this by a friend and I love it. The clarity of sound in the recording of this alternative style of music is just amazing.
on 10 March 2012
I'll keep my review of Django Django short and sweet and just urge you to buy this album. If the Beach Boys had made and acid-house long-player, then This Is It. Soaring harmonies, hypnotic guitar and synth lines, driving bass. Solid. A great start to 2012.
on 14 August 2017