on 11 February 2015
Mason is the Alpha of the Mystic Wolves and has found his mate in Darcy. They haven't gone through with the mating ceremony and Darcy has to remain pure until the time comes.

Most of the book is revolved around Darcy's and Mason's relationship, and how strong their bond is. When Darcy is kidnapped by a vampire and they discover the reason behind it, they realise that the Pack and other supernatural beings are at risk. Mason attends a meeting with this vampire and everything takes a turn for the worse.

It's a quick an easy read, which ended on a cliff hanger.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 February 2017
This was an ok read. It started off with one of the characters getting killed pretty quickly and i thought.....this is going to be action packed, but then it lost its ooomph. I found it a bit boring in places and the constant kissing got on my nerves. Mason and Darcy complement one another, strong but not overly so. The other characters are likeable. This book just didn't keep me wanting more or spark my imagination. It ends on a cliffhanger, which is ok sometimes, but I didn't find it interesting enough to want to carry on. Not for me.
on 6 May 2013
This book was quite well written and without too many screaming errors. It was as well that I downloaded all three of the series at one go otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered to buy books 2 & 3.
As remarked on by other reviewers it felt as though somehow you got dropped into the book and had missed out on a lot of explanation of who, where and why. Answers are given eventually further into the series but I do agree that it is irritating to feel that you have missed something.
Again I found myself agreeing with another reviewer. The book read like a 60s/70s Mills & Boone romance. The wolves were very vanilla and I'm afraid I prefer a lot more meat with my vegetables.
If the writer had stuck with the story and left out the constant kissing and declarations of eternal love the book would have lasted approx. 100 pages. The actual 'bones' of the story was quite good but vanilla werewolves seems to be a contradiction and were labradors is what I felt I was getting.
One person found this helpful
on 26 March 2013
this was an easy read with good easy take on the characters. i did not get how quickly they can go through so many changes and introductions to so many different people and kinds, but anyway what made me really disappointed is the ending leading up to the next book. like come on get real i really am not that intrigued to find out what happens next all these twists and turns in their relationship that leading to do they live happily ever after....erm no it doesn’t make me want to find out if they do., may be i just am not into wolves but didn’t really take to this book to well.
on 20 April 2012
I've never read a book that I've enjoyed so much! Straight from the start you are in love with Mason, the Alpha, and you can really connect to Darcy as she goes through all the hassles that being the Alpha's (soon to be) mate. Losing your best friend, kidnapped...you name it, she goes through it.

My only complaint? That I can't read the next one yet!

The Mystic Wolves

(and though this name says Jennifer, it shouldn't be!)
on 3 September 2017
Great book. Very entertaining read. It's a good mix of fantasy and romance. I'm eagerly looking forward to book two.
on 13 October 2013
Not a bad book but I have read much better. The sign of a great book for me is not wanting to stop reading until I finish and struggling to put it down for bed. Given I managed to read 2 others in the middle of this one I think I can conclude it wasn't as gripping as I had hoped, but it wasn't bad.
on 10 February 2014
A wonderfully written and truly gripping story. This has to be one of the best werewolf stories I have ever read. The author has made the characters come to live and woven a wonderful story you just can't stop reading until it's finished. Can't wait to read the next installment.
on 23 March 2013
This book had parts that made my want to stop reading but I don't give up easily . It was ok but I will not being reading any more of them,as I did not connect to any of the characters. The most annoying part of this book is the authors need to constantly tell us how I love ,ment to be , perfect for each other the alpha and his mate are.
on 20 June 2016
Excellent read and story. I'm well gripped will need to buy the others to see if she gets her forever after