Top critical review
7 people found this helpful
Loud buzz if within about 2 meters of a phone
on 28 February 2014
I'm going to have to return these.
The buzz under both the ANC and the bass mode makes them unusable. So forget getting on a tube with them unless you ask every passenger to turn off their phones (may not be an issue on planes). Also not able to keep phone in pocket while listening to them. (Phone I have = Nokia Lumia 1020)
I've no idea how the Gadget Show rated these top.
The buzz appears to disappear if you turn up the volume above 5 but it shouldn't be there at all.
A few other items
I'm finding it really hard to have any positive points to say about them so lets start with the negative and hopefully something positive will come.
2) The instructions were wrong in regard to fitting the batteries. you have to turn the plate anti-clockwise and not clockwise (took me a while to work that one out
3) The way they are packaged mean that the ear muffs and headband get pressured from the time they leave the factory and they are misshapen on delivery (the look to be staying that way too)
4) the screws in the plastic on next to the L and R labels have cracked my plastic (stress cracks - I'm guessing this is design flaw). These are supposed to be top grade headphones so I don't expect the plastic to be cracked on delivery.
5) Because of (4) above the left hand extender was looser than the right. (I'm guessing differing levels of torsion on screws)
6) Middle of Headband just doesn't have enough cushioning.
Positive Points (I thought of a few)
1) They feel well made (feel does not mean they are)
2) Nice matt finish.
3) Solid click when unfolding the locking mechanism