on 21 January 2013
Against my better and usually reasonable judgement I ordered this product on the basis of two reviews from customers who hadn't even used them - tut! However, the usual British panic re pending snow set in so I ordered these shoe grips in anticipation of the weather. I've worn them this weekend during heavy snowfall and therefore am in a better position to offer a useful review. Basically they are rubbish. The grips fell off within minutes of wear, and yes I did order the right size. So they have to be worn quite high up the front of your shoe or boot to stay on. That then means it's difficult to walk because the studs shift your balance and normal walking pattern, so you're already struggling to walk sensibly in slippery conditions. You get some grip at the front but they don't stop your heels from sliding about. You can't wear the grips on normal flooring; they will damage floor surfaces so you need to take your footwear to the door to put them on. You need to be sat down to put them on properly because they don't stretch well and that's not easy when you're getting on and off public transport, in and out of stations or buildings, etc. When you are walking along the road they make a terrible racket; it's less embarrassing slipping and sliding then it is to wear these grips and head off down the road. I'd rather confine my favourite boots to the wardrobe until the weather subsides and wear better footwear than struggle with these grips again.
on 28 March 2013
My shoe size was between the medium and the large - but I have tried both as I got the large for my husband -
Both of them slip off my shoes as I walk. They require an iron grip to even get them on your shoes. They don't work for me.
on 15 December 2013
I have a bigger pair of ice grips for flat shoes but these come in a great small box that can go in your handbag if your on a night out with high heels!
on 1 December 2014
I was given these to use during a holiday to iceland, they were brilliant,they made me confident to walk normally,yes you do need to pull them onto your shoe which can be quite difficult and they can work there way towards your toes but that said there is a hole in the band for you to thread your lace through if you want more security,they are very portable and come in a handy box to put in your handbag, I would recommend especially for stronger shoes or boots
on 7 March 2013
Yes, this Grip Mini is a good solution to getting around in light snow, but I would recommend something more serious (such as Yaktrax) for anything deeper than an inch or so. The Grip Mini has advantages: they come in a neat little case that's easy to carry around; they fit snuggly over normal shoes; and they do help you not to slip in light snowfall. They wouldn't fit easily over wellies or snow boots and when you use them with normal shoes they hurt a bit as you can feel the studs through the soles of your shoes. If, like me, you're a wuss in the snow, you'll appreciate having them to hand for those days when you're not sure if it's going to snow or not. Otherwise, I'd go for something more heavy duty for really bad conditions.
on 12 September 2013
These are handy to have, can put in bag for when needed etc. Only problem is they are effective on totally icy pavements, but difficult to walk on pavements that have icy patches/thin ice, as you cannot walk on normal hard areas.
on 19 January 2014
I have had these for a couple of years, and tried them along quite a few icy paths etc, and it gave good grip, haven't slipped up yet! (Touch Wood)
on 12 January 2016
far too small to pull on to my boots in fact pulled the boots together at the front probably would fit a childs boot!
on 19 January 2015
I haven't had much opportunity to try these but, on the one occasion that I have, they stopped me from slipping.
on 2 January 2015
They would have been a good product but only fit tip of shoe. Would not go on my husbands. Very dissapointed