on 26 August 2014
this book was a slow starter with very grafick details that could be upsetting but I couldn't put it down Brilliant
on 10 April 2014
A very thought provoking and enjoyable read. It made me realise that I know very little about the American Civil War and I am determined to find out more.
on 17 July 2015
good, exciting read
on 25 April 2014
Story took me by surprise. It was a unique look at the American Civil War through the eyes of a Chinese man kidnapped from his homeland. The detail of the hardship suffered made you feel the author must have actually been there.
on 20 October 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I also now have a clearer understanding of the American Civil War as a result of reading it.
on 13 October 2014
A very interesting and unusual story taking place during the American civil war.
on 12 September 2014
I would normally not read this type of book, but once I started I could not put it down, lovely story of love and tragedy, the horror of war and the joy of love, really smashing book.
on 17 October 2014
Exciting.
on 24 June 2015
Beautifully written, incredible detail which transports you to the horrors of the civil war. Enjoy this book as I certainly did.
on 5 August 2015