Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 11 June 2013
A classic tale of persecution, retribution, intrigue and corruption, with a little inquisition thrown in for good measure. The bad guys are the devil incarnate, and the good guys are generally pretty and confused. Our hero is a classic idiot, but wholly believable in spite of this, who ends up; well that would be telling, now wouldn't it; needless to say there's a lot of things moving by themselves, and a little hope left that human equation has the propensity to evolve beyond the current ego in a meat sack stage. I liked it, and would've liked more of it...
on 29 May 2013
I found this book to be really well written, the characters were easy to visualise,but with a certain amount of mystery which made me want to continue to read this novel. There was no hint of how it would end, and the suprise was very well executed.
I would recomend this book to anyone who is interested in Medical Science Fiction, but is it just fiction?
on 22 April 2015
The concept of this tale of developing human abilities in telekinesis was very interesting with echoes of other stories in this genre. Mixed in with a police procedural and the world of kinetics was an undeveloped and meandering relationship tale. Much of the book I enjoyed but I thought the relationship either should have gone somewhere or not been included at all. Unfortunately the plot was a little too telegraphed for my liking to raise it above three/four stars but nonetheless I liked the story
on 11 February 2013
A great story about a family who's lives are turned upside down by an unexpected force.
As soon as i read the first chapter, i went out and bought his other books, as i knew this author would have me hooked.
He didn't disappoint.
on 7 May 2013
A well constructed story which hooks you from page one. The twists and turns are easy to keep up with and the momentum does not stop until the last page. You can envision it actually happening if telekinesis was possible....I loved it and hope for a sequel.
on 21 May 2013
Great story, I don't usually read this type of book but it was free, and I am glad it was. Excellent , great characters well written with a good plot with a twist at the end. I will be reading more from this author.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 July 2012
I read the first 40% (literally...god bless the kindle) of this book and almost stopped. There's a well-worn phrase in writing: "Show, don't tell" which essentially means, show the story through scenes and dialogue rather than straight narration. This book has a metric ton of narration in the first half and a few kilos of dialogue. Now, like all rules of art, the "Show, don't tell" one is actually not a rule, but a guideline to the novice. Fiction should typically have a mixture of scenes and narrative summary; the scenes build tension, reveals characters and provide action, whilst the narrative summary can be used to calm things down, provide background and condense things such that your book fits into a single volume. For me, Kinesis was a bit too heavy on the narration in the first half.

The plot was cracking - the idea of a confirmed telekinetic ability and the denouncing of those that can perform it really seemed to provide a nice framework on which to hang the meat of the story. For me the characters were a little bit thin - and in one case a massive cliché. Again, the author characterised more through telling than showing.

Having said all that - I really did enjoy the rear 60% of the book; the pace of the plot increased, the action was almost non-stop and the finale suitably gruesome. I also cared about what happened to at least two of the characters by the end.

The set-up for a sequel or a whole series was suitably teasing and by the final page I was thinking that I would buy the next one.

There are some spelling errors, misuse of at least one word and some dodgy grammar too - none of which really detracted much for me - but if you burst blood vessels over that sort of thing then you might want to take some Valium before reading - I'd definitely recommend you give it a go though.
on 12 February 2014
A really good idea for a story that despite being sci-fi (a genre I don't normally read) comes across as a believable police/crime plot, great characters and many twists that keep you going until the end.

If I was being ultra-harsh the story might want to do with some more "show, not tell" as at times the lines can come across as more a narrative style than building a picture in the reader's mind and imagination.

That is me being nit-picky though, an excellent read and great value for money (£0.00 = Free) when I got it on Kindle. I noticed no grammar or spelling mistakes, which sometimes can be seen on free kindle books.

Recommended!
on 19 July 2012
Too many sci-fi stories focus on the science or the science of the idea rather than the story. This is essentially a detective story that involves an unusual sci-fi twist. I believe some of the lower scores are perhaps a little super critical. Whether the version I have has been revised to remove the typos mentioned or perhaps I was too interested in the story to notice grammatical errors. I have recently bought a number of low priced stories and been very disappointed (one author even felt the need to rebut my poor review and explain the parts of the story I'd missed!)

This is the other end of the spectrum and I will be keeping an eye out for other stories by Ethan. I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say the ending does leave an opening for Kinesis II.
on 29 May 2013
Really thought-provoking read. The characters were very human and believable, the plot was nicely twisted and its a real change from the usual supernatural fare available. Please read this book, am also going to check out the other titles by the author. Da Iawn Ethan :)