on 23 May 2012
It's perfect for slicing potatoes and onions, which go well in the oven with any fish. We've also prepared a grated carrot & betroot salad! Healthy and quick. Its definately going to help us to eat our five a day!!! The only concern I had before buying it was that it woud be another machine in my tinny kitchen but it has actually been a surprise to see how compact it is...and easy to clean. Overall we are very happy with it, would definately be recommending it!
on 24 March 2012
This item arrived last SAturday and I went ahead and practiced using it. it sliced potoes, cucumber, cooking chocolate radish all with the dark green blade. Cucumber,celery,carrots, potatoe for rosti and cheese with the red blade. Bread crumbs with the orange
Blade. All this with complete soccess tried to shredonion which came out mushy so tried whith slicer which did work.
also tried tomatoe and hard boiled egg with no success. So have a play with it I think it is great and would recommend especially for anyone with dexterity problems
66 Comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2012
I am very pleased with this item! Previously I had a Kenwood slicer/shredder & I think the Tefal is far better, although with the Kenwood there was an on/off switch. The Tefal is definitely a 2 hand job. I haven't used all the cones but I am very satisfied with coarse shredding & slicing so far,I use it with a deep basin & the bits don't fly everywhere. I also love the look of it - such a colourful, cheery piece of kit! Overall- excellent & good value!
on 21 May 2012
This is nearly £50 worth of crap. Not sure if I am allowed to use such a word on Amazon reviews, but it really is. I hate banjos, never feel safe with them and I had hoped this would do the job instead, but much easier. It doesn't.

I can't understand how Tefal can add its name to such a gloriously useless piece of kit. As many reviewers have said, it mangles, purees and generally chucks things around the kitchen. I bought it to make some home made coleslaw. All I got was a horrible mushy slushy pile of chewed up ingredients.

Yes, it takes quite small pieces into the feeder, but I don't mind a little preparatory work. But then it chokes up around the blades and has to be dismantled and unblocked, and pulling the delivery plunger out is difficult given the slush and mush around the place.

This has to be one of the worst kitchen gadgets on the market.

It looks quite nice though with its pretty colours!!

I am also sending a copy of this review to Tefal.
77 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 May 2012
This product is rubbish - it is unfit for purpose, constantly jams food between cones and machine and then very difficult to remove the cone to wash it. Does not shred cabbage etc just turns it to mush and it builds up in the cone. Not easy to insert the cones and they do not stay put very well.

wish I had not bought it and read the other reviews before I had. Under 12 mths guarantee but seller refused to accept return as used and over 7 days of receipt.

How you are supposed to know its rubbish without using is news to me.

Tefal will not accept return they say contact seller - they say no unless unused inside 7 days. Seller was Selective Goods.

Brought in Amazon on arbitration once again waste of time. They agree with seller. Say it should have been returned under 30 days but could not do that as seller refused to accept it. I did start the arbitration at the 23 day point. It is under 12 tm guarantee so going back to Tefal.
on 2 July 2012
Very happy with this purchase. Its so easy to use and so easy to clean, I've used it for so many things and would highly recommend this to everyone. I make loads of salads now and in record time.
on 2 October 2012
One of the things that we like to eat is a finely cut mixture of salad items such as lettuce,carrots,cucumber, feta cheese, etc. This is normally done by using a traditional triangle shaped shredder and a knife. I read many reviews and decided to ignore the bad ones about this product. How wrong can you be??
This product is useless for this task and in my opinion (as a retired engineer) a poor design. The only blades that work is the largest slicer, but I wanted strips and larger shredded items. It mostly turns out a mush and particles of food get jammed between the 'shredders' and their casing. We tried everything and read the badly written 'instructions'(In a multitude of languages) many times. This is O.K. if you want 'sludge or mush' but useless and very limited for grating. Its back to the hand grater for us. If anyone wants this at half price just get in contact (I still have its original box!)
77 Comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2012
Please,Please don't waste your money the 1 star reviews are spot on, looks nice,good idea but DOES NOT WORK, the food tube is to small,the motor is feeble,the food gets stuck between the cone you could do it quicker with a knife,this has to be the worst gadget i have brought! Just wish i had brought from Ideal World or QVC it would going back!!!!
66 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2012
I don't think there is any point in this machine. It's a great idea...and looks nice, but it needs more work.

- It doesn't chop consistently
- Feeder section is small- you have to chop the veg to fit in the feeder
- When we tried to use the machine it kept on getting blocked. Food gets stuck around the side of the rotating cone
- It is not very powerful and personally we have more success chopping with a knife!

I think the machine is a waste of time. Back to traditional chopping board and knife.
44 Comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 22 April 2012
This is an attractive product, and small enough to fit into many kitchens. My wife had been looking for a product like this for some time, and she was really pleased to find it. However, it was a huge disappointment for her:
-The motor is not powerful enough, and the blades are not sharp enough, so it takes too long to process the food, and it is often mangled
-The feed tube is too narrow, so that you have to cut the food into small pieces to put it in.
-At the same time as pushing food down the feed tube, you have to keep the on button depressed with your other hand.
-When you grate carrot, you end up with more outside than in, because it throws the food out at an angle.
-Food gets stuck round the side of the rotating cone.
My wife's final comment: "Back to my good old Mouli and a sharp knife!"