Customer reviews

on 11 December 2012
The item is a great pair of shoes fantastic for any kind of circuit training or running or gym usage. I am a competitive Crossfitter and compete in sport Ar international level also and use the shoes even for Olympic lifting and they are fantastic due to the flat sole that makes it like being barefoot. Amazon were fantastic the price of the order is amazing can't be complained about the shipping was fantastic too. I received the item within two days of making the order in fantastic condition box wasn't even damaged or anything perfect delivery and it didn't cost me any extra. Thank you Amazon for such great service by far the best online service.
on 18 July 2013
Although I've never had a pair of running specific shoe's, I've always been into sports and have experience in sport specific clothing! I'd read a review on these saying they were good all rounders and that is what I was looking for... something hard wearing comfy and light that I can use for road and off road running and something small and light that will work well with mountain biking, including jumping off & carrying my bike up steep slopes as well as something that good to waer in the gym etc and thus far they are spot on!!!
I have wide feet and a high bridge for my size and when I first put these on they did feel a little strange... toes feel loose and the instep and heal hold my foot really well. After about an hour they felt like I was wearing nothing, so that's a spot on too!!!
I haven't had a chance to try them in wet conditions yet but going off how well the design has worked so for I'm reasonably confident!!
A great buy, especially as they are far more expensive shoes on the market!
on 21 November 2012
I bought these for gym use and they seem perfect - very light and comfortable. Will probably use them for off road running too.
on 26 December 2012
This shoes are a great choice for minimal/barefoot advanced stile of running. Merrell is pure quality. Fast deliveri to Spain, excelent service.

Estas zapatillas son una gran elección para correr minimalista, si ya conoces la tecnica. Merrell es pura calidad. El envío a España fue muy rápido, excelente servicio.
on 11 March 2013
have only owned these a couple of weeks, very comfy as great for running in, they seem very well made to.
on 13 February 2014
Absolutely excellent.
Bought them for the weight training and they are the best, most comfortable trainers I've ever used (and I've used a LOT).
I hoped they would be good for calf press / raise and they exceeded by some way what I expected. When you use a lot of weight the balls of your feet want to migrate off the stand as the poundage presses down; with these your feet stay where they should and that's whether you are doing vertical calf raise or horizontal calf press.
Also felt great when squatting and, maybe it's my imagination, but my knees seem less achy.
Really lightweight and your feet seem to sit 'in' the shoes instead of on a, I now realise, strange wedge of sole.
Only had them 2 weeks so cant comment on long term wear but, although super lightweight, they have the feel of a pair of trainers that will last a long time.
Very comfortable and, unlike other shoes that I have to put an arch support in, they support perfectly.

The only gripe I could mention is that the thing that makes them so good for keeping the foot ventilated in sport also keeps your foot cold in my old, none centrally heated farmhouse on a cold Feb day (if you use them to lounge around in).
But, like I said, I could mention it as a gripe but in the same way as you'd moan that an open topped Ferrari was great in the Summer but turned your lips blue in Winter.

Definitely 5*. I'm buying another 2 pairs already. First trainers that just feel right and if I don't buy and store them now I just know they'll stop making them. I don't know if all Merrell trainers have this feel and fit (and I welcome any advice) but I'm stocking up now!
on 18 July 2014
I am a size 8.5 ish uk so I ordered a uk size 9 as I have done with all my footwear throughout my adult years. Put them on and my foot cramped, my toes were being curled up. I thought it was a breaking in issue and decided to try a run. Run was a bit painful at first but my feet adapted and I thought I was onto a winner. I wore them after my run to soften them up a bit but it never happened. It is now at the stage where walking in them is more painful than running. I also tried very light socks to no socks and it made no difference. Can't very well send them back now though.
Aside from that, the trainer looks very sturdy and are very light and I am certain if they had of fitted I would have rated them much, much higher.

Just as an update to my original 2 star review.
I decided that I wouldn't give up on these as every review to date has been very positive. So after some more pain and a good few more miles, they have become much more comfortable. I don't know if they moulded to my feet or my feet just adapted but I am finding the fit much better. I am going to lift my review to a 4 and not a 5 due to the hard time I've had getting used to them. Next time though, I'm going for a size bigger.
on 2 October 2013
surprisingly comfortable shoes great allrounders for on my bike,running and driving the car they are also very light and airy for keeping feet cool
on 8 March 2013
Very comfortable shoes from the start and fit perfectly. They are great for running and as a plus I also like the colour.
on 10 January 2013
Bought these for hubby for Christmas and he says they are great pair of light trainers, he is pleased with them