on 14 July 2014
My experience with cheap substitutes come in two varieties: one being "rubbish" (doesn't work at all, or works just barely), the other one is "brilliant", i.e. at least as good as the "original", and a fraction of the price. This replacement battery is of the "brilliant" category, i.e. longer shooting life than the original (I got 1,000 shots, non-flash on one charge once, and the camera chip doesn't kick a fuss (refusing to work, or not displaying number of shots left, like I experienced with a different "substitute". It just proves that the price of the original (3 x more) is a con, but hey, that's not new. Anyway, I'm going to order another! :)
on 2 June 2012
Having just bought a slightly cheaper ebay item that failed a few seconds after putting it in my LX5 I thought I would return to expro. I have always bought expro batteries (apart from the recent ebay mistake) which have worked very well and this was no exception, charges great and shows the battery life on the camera. Excellent service from expro and excellent batteries.
on 24 June 2013
I use it as the alternate to the original battery fitted to my Lumix LX7, i.e. when one is exhausted I fit the other until it, too, is exhausted: charging the used one at the first opportunity. The Ex-Pro seems to give about 300 shots compared to around 330 from the Panasonic original. But this based on only three cycles (so they may still be being "broken in") and with an uneven mix of shooting formats (a) JPEG only and (b) JPEG plus RAW, so might not be a fair comparison.
Batteries are unglamourous but essential pieces of kit. This one does its job. Recommended.
on 17 October 2013
I have used this battery in my Panasonic LX7 through a couple of recharging cycles and I find it works perfectly. All the camera functions including remaining battery life indication work as normal and the battery life seems on a par with the Lumix original, so at this stage I am very satisfied. You can't judge a product like this from its appearance, but it does seem to be quality manufacture.
on 11 June 2013
I will not know if this has the longevity of Panasonic's own battery but, at this time, I know that I have a battery that seems to hold a normal-sized charge as long as the original. The battery charge is monitored correctly and displayed by the camera (which some generic batteries fail to do) and it cost slightly less than one third of Panasonic's own insultingly-over-priced offering. It looks absolutely identical in quality of manufacture as the original. I now wouldn't consider buying anything else
on 24 June 2015
I've used Ex-Pro replacement batteries as a spare in several cameras now and have always found them reliable. This Panasonic replacement has been decoded for normal use and works as the original. I get the same amount of shots as the original too. I use two batteries on a cyclical basis i.e one in the camera and one fully charged and alternate between them which seems to prolong the life and means that you always have a fresh battery to hand. Thoroughly recommended and much cheaper than the Panasonic original. One word of warning is that if a third party battery is used and malfunctions, thus damaging the camera, then you warranty could be affected. However, in all my years of photography (I'm soon to be in my 7th decade) I have never had this happen to me.
on 25 September 2012
Great substitute for the Panasonic original at a fraction of the price. Advertised as for the LX5 - but works perfectly with the LX7 and displays the "charge remaining".
on 25 October 2012
This is an excellent product. I bought it so that I can carry a spare with the camera. After a couple of full charge - discharge cycles, its life is the same as the original battery for the camera. A full function, very good value for money, additional power pack for LX5 users.
on 16 July 2013
Wasn't sure if this battery would work the same as the original but it does and lasts as long, I can get three to five days shooting with it and indicator tells you what is left exactly like the Panasonic, excellent product would recommend it to anyone and great price.
on 7 December 2013
Taken on a recent holiday to the Middle East. It would seem to perform as well as the genuine Panasonic battery but at a fraction of the price. I cannot comment about its long-term life at the moment.

See one answered question