on 12 June 2017
I bought all his books. The recipes are written in note format. A lot of steps and advice are missing, especially any which tell you what is critical, i.e ensure the brandy snap mixture is completely cool which will take up to an hour instead of allow the mixture to cool and form balls. I've tried 6 recipes from the various books and all 6 are pretty much guesswork. They don't work, too basic in detail. Either he is a really bad chef or purposely safeguarding his recipes. He should not be proud of his work. I have lots of cookbooks and Rick Stein never fails to miss a step in his book allowing you to recreate the recipes to a flawless standard. Sorry, really substandard instructions producing sub-standard work. Avoid.Mine are going to the charity shop.
VINE VOICEon 19 February 2016
Some great sounding and no doubt great tasting recipes in this book, although I have yet to try many of them. It is badly let down by the paucity of photographs of the dishes. This is important because amateur cooks like me get inspired by the photos and need them to get an idea of how the dish should look at the end of our endeavours. If you need one Veggie cook book then I recommend Gino's Veg Italia!
on 24 May 2017
Love him on Sunday Brunch but I couldn't get on with the recipes.
on 18 July 2013
I have a huge collection of Vegetarian Cookbooks and this is a useful addition. Some inspired,original recipes, thanks Simon! RB
on 7 February 2005
I was first made aware of Simon from UKTV Good Food Live. His recipes in this book are fantastic. Pictures are realistic - as in what you make actually looks like the pictures - and the dishes straightforward.
Thoroughly recommended.
on 24 June 2016
Not keen on this one a lot of fussy stuff
on 30 March 2016
Excellent!
on 7 August 2016
Already started using the this - fantastic.
on 30 August 2016
I've lost it in my house move. Blast.
on 8 June 2016