Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 4 February 2012
Wow. This is the first Lisa Gardner book that I have read and I stayed up late, just so I could finish it. It starts with an incredible first chapter and never really lets go.

The story is told first of all through Charlie who has a turbulent past and is now convinced that she is about to be killed on a certain date, just four days away. Her two best friends have been murdered, in different state and in different years, but both on January 21st. Now it must be Charlie's turn. She manages to get in touch with DD, a detective in the Boston police force and the story just swings along from there, alternating between Charlie and DD's point of view, but without any let up in the fast paced narrative.

Charlie has hidden away from family and friends and made herself fighting fit just so she can defend herself against the murderer she is convinced will find her. She works as a police emergency call handler and her role has obviously been well researched as I learned a lot about the demands of this kind of job.

DD was a really likeable character, ridiculously tough and hardened on the one hand, but also contending with returning to work and leaving a young baby at home. I didn't feel that I was missing out by not having read the other books in this series, which was great and I really warmed to the selection of friends and colleagues DD gathered around her.

The story zipped along, dealing with sex crimes and pedophiles, which is a topic that has been done a lot in recent crime novels, but in this case managed to add a number of new angles that kept the plot twisting and turning. Best of all, I genuinely didn't guess the ending until I got there.

Definetly a recommended read and I will be adding to my Lisa Gardner collection from now on.
on 17 February 2012
I love Lisa Gardner's books, loved that Quincy and his daughter and JT returned, will make no sense to anyone who has never read her books, but she is by far my favourite thriller writer, followed closely by Peter James and James Patterson's women's murder club series, shame its only 1 book a year :(
on 14 April 2012
Lisa Gardner creates suspense like few authors can. This book had me tense with suspense all the way.
I've read most of her books, and loved almost all of them. "Catch Me" is up to the same high standard.
I was hesitant to buy this book for the price (I paid £6.99, which I consider steep for an e-book), but it was worth it.
My only quibble is that the book would benefit from in-depth proof-reading to catch spelling errors such as >to practice undo (undue?) caution<.
Maybe the publishers could spend some of the substantial income from the book on hiring a good proof-reader.
on 23 February 2014
The book is well written and the story captivating. The reader is left to wonder who the killer is and the possibilities are not discounted until the last few pages. However, the characters are incredulous; I could not relate to either of them; the topic are banal, and the book is overly long; it can be shortened by about 100 pages without losing substance. I found it the weakest Lisa Gardner's book that I have read so far.
on 15 February 2012
I`ve been a fan of Lisa Gardner`s thrillers for quite some time now but I have to say she has really surpassed all my expectations with this one. In typical LG style no case, victim or suspect is quite what it seems, but it is the pacing of this story and escalating tension that truly makes it a must read for any fans of the crime genre.
on 21 February 2013
First Lisa Gardener book I have read and loved it will be heading straight to the store for another. Loved the characters and hate it when you finish a book and think you won't 'see' them again so delighted to hear I can meet them again. As for the story had me second guessing all the way through.
on 18 July 2013
Lots of twists to this fast paced crime thriller. I was convinced I'd worked out who the perpetrator was, then there was a turn in the story & I changed my mind, several times actually but proud to say I was right!

Lisa Gardner stories are great easy reads with gripping story lines. The subject matter of this one was quite worrying, one of the story threads deals with grooming children via the internet, scary stuff for anyone to read.

I haven't read very many books from the DD Warren series yet but you don't have to have read the whole series to enjoy the individual books. Some fictional female police officers seem too good to be true, modern day wonder women, but DDW knows her own weaknesses & feels more realistic to me.
on 10 November 2014
Too many unbelievable things in this book, couldn't relate to it at all. I kept going only to find out who the killer was. Had an idea throughout who it was and I was right but I just didn't know who it was in the story .That was another unbelievable part.Some call them twists I call it nonsense! Surprised it's so well reviewed.
on 24 February 2015
5 ***** as it was a well thought out tale, intriguing from the first page. A good read needs to grab me and inlet go even after I've finished the last page. The author had me guessing until the game was up, it was delivered perfectly not rushed or screwed up. Best crime thriller I've read in the last few weeks (and I read a lot).
on 23 April 2014
What does happen to children facing the atrocities of a deeply disturbed Mother? Who or what do they become suffering repeated abuse at their Mother's hands? This was a page turner for me as I get right into many psychological thrillers as mental illnesses is rising & we still don't begin to understand it & all the ripples & repercussions it causes to all it affects within a family unit. 'Catch Me' is highly plausible & intrigues as the consequences of such a family unfolds throughout. A good read for those who prefer the dark confines of this type of thriller. Recommended reading & another great novel from Lisa Gardner.