Format: DVD|Change

on 25 June 2017
Great series
on 17 June 2013
I bought this for my sister who missed the first two series. What can I say? A great acting, dark comedy drama. A miss see series.
on 1 June 2014
Arrived in good time...new ...sealed...no problem with seller or product
Bought for hubby who liked it...I watched some but got a bit bored with it...
Matter of taste hubby will watch again but I won't be
on 4 November 2013
Suspension of belief is required for viewing this black comedy drama as the plot is as full of holes as a sieve but the acting from a substantially male cast of British stalwarts is generally excellent. Even the actors outwith the main quartet are on form, notably David Warner and Ben Chaplin. This DVD is for adult viewing only as there is a fair amount of swearing and graphic violence but somehow it seems appropriate for the storyline. Its principal merit is that you keep wanting to find out what further misfortune awaits our "heroes" and secretly hoping that everything will work out well in the end. As a result I have just ordered Series 3 as I only discovered this show when a friend recommended it although I understand it has been available for a while now.
on 22 April 2012
I didn't watch this on tv but bought it on Amazon. I was surprised there was only 4 episodes on each series but it is good. The trouble these men get into is amazing! They go from bad to worse. Well worth a look at this Amazon price. Great acting. Adult viewing.
on 10 February 2013
I had never heard of this series, as we don't get Sky in my country.

This caught my eye because of the good ratings it got on amazon.
In order to enjoy this series, you may need to be aware of the following: this story is loopy. If you expect an extremely exciting thriller with a hyper-realistic plot, you may very well be disappointed when viewing this.
The strength of this series lies in the comedy (not on the suspense) and the literally 'unbelievable' set of twists and events that these 4 friends go through. It may have it's faults, but it is unpretentious and very enjoyable, mainly because the characters are all very different.

Each season is comprised of 4 episodes, which is short, but this box with both seasons is a good buy at that price.

4 out of 5 for me. Looking forward to season 3 already.
on 22 August 2013
It started off really well, a sort of Weekend at Bernie's for grown up Brits abroad with some interesting allusions to darker themes and plot twists. By the second series it just descended into a ludicrous repetition of the same obviously stupid decisions the characters were making just to continue the farce. I got so frustrated watching it, I didn't bother with the end of the final episode but hear that it's nicely set up for a third series. I certainly won't be buying it if they make it.
on 1 January 2013
I saw this at the time it was aired on tv and bought this for my son who hadn't seen it.
Great actors and great storylines that will keep you guessing. A must see dvd.
on 30 November 2012
Great black comedy with superb acting from my favourite actors. Looking forward to seeing Mad Dogs 3. Anything with Phillip Glenister in it is always worth a watch!
on 22 November 2012
this series was great i cant wait for the next series you can laugh at people in the most odd cituations