on 21 May 2016
Purchased the 64GB 1000x variant of this card for a Canon 700D DSLR, to replace an 8 GB Sandisk Extreme. A bit of overkill seeing as the camera doesn't support UHS-II, but might as well. Very pleased with it; sequential read/write speeds exceeds the advertised values.

Due to the possibility of getting fake cards, I do recommend buying directly from Amazon as opposed to marketplace sellers, especially those outside the UK. And even then, check the card is actually the size you ordered by using a free tool called h2testw.

To get the most out of this card while making data transfer with a PC, use a USB 3.0 UHS-II supported card reader, for example Kingston MobileLite G4 USB 3.0 Multi Card Reader.
review image
13 people found this helpful
on 5 June 2017
First card I ordered didn't have a card in the box although Amazon quickly sent out a replacement.
2nd Card failed after 6 months, lost all the images. I sent it back to Lexar. Lexar sent a brand new card out with ok customer service but will not recover any data for you.
New card just failed with exactly the same problem "Card can not be read" and doesn't show up on any Mac/PC/Camera system. Tried using Lexar recovery software but if the card doesn't show up it's basically useless. Poor customer service with little or not solutions.

Lost everything. Had corrupt files from a Lexar CF card recently too. I will be moving entire workflow over to Sandisk.
7 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 28 April 2017
I've bought the 32GB version of this card in the past and had no problems, but I found I needed slightly more capacity to shoot in RAW and video modes. I've had this 64GB card around 3 weeks and taken some 300 pictures on it and it has now totally failed on me. Neither computer or camera will read it. Very unhappy and i'll need to rethink what brand to use now.
8 people found this helpful
on 8 December 2017
I purchased what I believed was a 64GB 'professional' SD card for use with an SLR camera.
The Lexar name is supposedly reputable as one of the better market brands, and Amazon a supposedly trusted source.
After what can only be decsribed as pretty minimal use the card shwoed up in my camera as "error" and I lost holiday photos as a consequence.
However, it was deeply disturbing when TWO types of professional software recovery was used to try and extract the lost images, and both of the programmes stated that the SD card had around 8GB, including Lexar's own recovery software.
Beware - there is something decidely questionable about the authenticity of this product and it certainly does not perform like the product I believed I was purchasing.
To be fair Amazon gave me a refund without question, however they promise to investigate, but during their invetsigation make no contact with the customer. I would hardly call that a proper investigation !
5 people found this helpful
on 13 March 2017
I have been using this card (64Gb) for over 6 months now and it has been 100% reliable as have all the other Lexar cards that I have had in the past. I use it in a Panasonic LX-100 and have taken thousands of photos and hours of video without any problems. Most of my photography is done while travelling all over the world so I need large cards and need to be able to rely on them so that I don't loose shots that I might never be able to get again.

It is more than fast enough for shooting 4K video without any interruptions or problems. I have shot 4K and 1080p high frame rate footage no problem. It also allows my camera to make full use of its maximum continuous burst shooting mode when taking pictures. I use it in the LX-100 but I think this card should be compatible with any modern digital camera that takes a full size SD card which most of them do now. At 64Gb it might be too large for some older models of camera which might have an upper limit of 32Gb but that is easy to check.

I only use Lexar cards as I know I can trust them and they are not really expensive now like they were years ago. These 1000x Lexar cards will be my go to card whenever I need one for any camera from now on.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2017
speed tests averaged a below 28 mb/s write speed and 65 mb/s read speed. returned and replaced with a SanDisk Extreme Pro which hit 70mb/s write speed consistantly.
6 people found this helpful
on 19 August 2017
I bought this card as it was recommended by a fellow photographer who uses these cards al the time, I purchased two of these cards for my cousins wedding in Venice, it worked fine no problems at all, I went to show my cousin the photos and my camera said cannot read card, format it for use. I did not think anything of it until I got home and tried reading it on my pc, the same answer came up cannot read format card. £90 later after purchasing 2 different recovery softwares still no success.

I then sent it of the Fields Data Recovery who checked the card for free, I was told it would probably cost around £250 to recover the photos, Wrong it has been discovered that the processor chip that controls the card has burnt out and they told me that if I wanted to continue it will cost £450 and they would have to dismantle the card to do it, Now that £45 initial cost seemed a bit expensive in the first instance anyway but now with a cost of £450 it is extremely expensive. So I think it is a letter to Lexar I am afraid. Really gutted.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 March 2017
I have this card less than 6 months and yesterday I got a cyclic redundancy error, now I am a professional wedding photographer and purchasing the best of the best is importsant to me, especially when I am shooting such a big day for someone, I want to be able to trust my cards, So i took the card to a professional and they advise me the card is corrupt and the images ( wedding ) are not able to be recovered. Thanks a bunch Lexar.
6 people found this helpful
on 15 August 2017
I bought two of these cards for use with my new Olympus Pen F camera. Fine for still images, but for high speed(10 fps) shooting, usually slow and occasionally the camera will freeze, which can only be restarted by momentarily removing the battery. This happened with both cards so I contacted Olympus, who informed me that there is a known issue with Lexar cards, and that I should avoid using them 'for the time being'. Contacted Lexar, who have offered to replace the cards, but obviously the same problem may still occur.
I had updated the Pen F firmware, so I suspect that the problem is with the cards not the camera. The only cards recommended by Olympus are SanDisk and Toshiba Exceria, so I will probably revert to SanDisk in future - have not had issues with SanDisk cards in previous cameras.
One person found this helpful
on 1 November 2016
 It now locks every time you put it in a device.

This started at the weekend, but was curable, out with a Sony a7II, now after downloading the images, it is permanent.

Swapped memory cards with an A7 and the problem swapped, so tried its dedicated USB reader and that pushes the locking switch only part way. see Video. Look at the line that intersects the range of the switch (You need three handsfor this, I only had two)

With a magnifying glass the good card (from a7)seems to be a snugger fit than the expensive one. I do not believe I have ever locked a card I am using in a camera.

From Amazon so return should be OK, But They say it can only be returned in a little over a month. And a feel this is a design issue
2 people found this helpful