on 6 June 2012
Recieved this watch through Amazon in double quick time (even with the Queen's jubilee going on!). Over the years I have had alot of decent watches (Breitling, Tag Heuer, etc). I ordered this because I wanted a day to day watch without the worry of losing a really expensive watch. To say I am pleased with the item is an understatement. The watch is excellent! This is a really nice sports watch, not too big and sits really well on the wrist. The face is really nice and the big hands a bonus!

Never had a Seiko watch before, but I would not hesitate to recommend this to people who are looking for a really good, reasonably priced sports watch.
on 17 June 2013
ive had this watch now for a few months and ive got to say its great, well built and hard wearing watch and defo has a feel of a watch that is worth more money that what ive paid for it, i think ive got myself a little gem, very happy....
on 15 July 2014
Brilliant watch for the money big and chunky with quality feel to it. Only the strap is un-comfy but is easy to replace. To make it perfect a sapphire lens would have been nice as one fitted too is easy to scratch.
on 18 December 2014
Great watch, I work as a diver in the N Sea where watches are so big theres no need for a weightbelt - this watch isnt huge but it looks and feels good at work and out. The strap feels a bit narrow for the size of the watch but its not a big issue. Its done me well so far.
As you dont need to change the battery you're saving a fair bit on that and the required pressure test every time so thats a good saving.
on 18 June 2013
Beautiful and sturdy dive watch from Seiko. My first "solar" from Seiko. I must say I do like this kind of technology after experiencing it. Like the Kinetic this is more than nice not change the battery and rely here on the light.
I have change lately the battery of one of my watch is cost me 1/5 of the watch!

The watch came of course empty. The complete charging process did took its time as wrote on the manual, but on unpacking under an artificial light, the watch started immediately and kept functioning ever after. No problem since them as I let the watch in light on my bed side.

The look of this Seiko Solar dive is tremendous, as I was looking for. Under water reading the time is immediate as well at night. a few seconds under an artificial light and its glowing vividly.

The locks of the chrono buttons are a bit hard at first to manipulate, but well they are to be. The ring has a perfect click sound which display a feeling of strong craftsmanship.

The polyurethane is very long, an so of a good size when wearing a thin or thick swimming/diving suite.
As I'm not diving for the moment, I have change temporally the original Seiko strap to a fully waterproof Hirsch carbon leather strap. I'm very happy on the combination.
on 16 November 2015
I have a small watch collection consisting off a Breitling Avenger 2 Seawolf, a Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT and an old (1980s/90s) Seiko SKX Automatic Diver. I was going to breath some life back into my old Seiko and get it serviced but then thought that it would be more cost effective to buy a new watch, after-all, these Seiko Divers are very reasonably priced for the quality of watch you get. Plus, I have always wanted a solar watch. After a bit of research I decided to order the SSC021P1 Solar Chrono. I will not try to compare my lovely new Seiko to my Seawolf, they are two different beasts but what I can say is that I am not disappointed by with the SSC021P1 at all. It came in the box with all warranties and manuals and being solar it started to operate as soon as light hit the dial. The face is very aesthetically pleasing, the watch has a quality feel to it and I cannot fault it at all. I paid £157 for it and feel that I got a watch worth that and more. I personally do not like Seikos rubber diver straps, they are always too stiff and so I have replaced mine with a plain black nylon NATO strap and the watch really looks cool. If you are looking for a reliable, well made, quality diver/tool watch on a budget then I would recommend this watch or any of the other Seiko divers. Can't go wrong. Am tempted to buy another variant in the new year.
on 18 April 2015
I'm a bit watch fan and own quite a few including an Omega Seamaster and several Seikos. However, this solar Divers Chrono is sheer class and, for me, is one of the nicest looking watches I've seen. It's a divers watch and therefore is a bit bigger and 'chunkier' than most of my other watches, but it sits comfortably and looks well on my wrist. Without wishing to appear sexist, it's definitely a mans watch and was great value at £150. Oh and it keeps perfect time too which is a bonus. Would I recommend it? you bet.
on 7 May 2013
I bought this watch about 6 weeks ago through Amazon & have been very pleased with it, but my one gripe would be the ridiculously uncomfortable strap! In fact it was so uncomfortable that I replaced it with a superb shark mesh strap which isn't only comfortable but also gives this watch the wow factor it deserves.
I haven't had the chance to test its dive competency yet but am going to Greece in a few weeks & it will definitely be going diving then, so I will update on my return. The watch luminosity is very bright & eye catching but doesn't last that long maybe an hour or two at best.
The only other very minor niggle is the date window is much too small but if you can put these small gripes to one side then you have a very desirable watch at a great price, but do be prepared to change that very stiff plastic strap or maybe go for the metal bracelet version.
All that said I wouldn't exchange this watch for any other similar priced watch.
on 9 May 2014
So pleased with this watch, looks even better than the pics and a good price. Arrived in good time in solid protective packaging.
on 22 December 2014
What I expected. Had a Seiko divers watch before which lasted 20 years. Keeps accurate time so far. I prefer
the rubber strap for comfort and looks. Only criticism is that Seiko have downgraded the strap to a thinner material
which is probably plastic and not rubber and It has destroyed the excellent chunky look of the watch. Still a good product
overall. Great value.