on 11 April 2017
Husband loved it
on 13 August 2016
the plastic cover for the duo disc combo is kind of flimsy, difficult to get the 2nd disc out; and could be a better quality
on 21 December 2012
This recording has been a constant companion for almost 20 years; its own age has not dulled the impact of the lively performances both orchestral and vocal. It gives such pleasure on every listening, and the quality throughout is excellent: dense textures are discernable and the solo lines are well-produced. I have heard many other recordings but none has lifted the spirit like this one. A must-have for any JSB (or JEG!) enthusiast.
on 22 October 2013
Wonderful music, brilliantly performed and produced for listener. As a choral singer recording proving invaluable to helping me learn soprano voice part and to appreciate how different voice parts and instrumental sections interweave.
on 28 June 2012
We like the idea of authentic versions of Bach's music, using early instruments (or copies), and similar forces to Bach's day. So perhaps we shouldn't have been disappointed by this CD. We bought it after hearing a fabulous performance of the Mass in Cirencester Church - made special for us by the fact that a harpsichord I made was played in the concert. But when we sat down to listen to the CD, it didn't seem a patch on the live version. Perhaps we hoped for too much. Soloists seemed lack-lustre and remote, instrumental playing weak, altogether not a lot of pleasure.
on 13 October 2016
an excellent performance of one of the world's best pieces of music.
on 4 September 2016
Very much enjoyed .
on 23 January 2014
A Good recording, very well sung and a great orchestra and conductor, very happy with the purchase, you won't be disappointed
on 19 August 2016
excellent
on 21 January 2014
I love this mass but unfortunately the problem is with the CD. Disc one is perfectly fine but when it came to adding disc two to my computer I discovered the album info (ie song names,cd name everything) is in a foreign language and foreign alphabet - my guess is Korean. As well as this, track 7 on disc two has a background scratching/clicking noise throughout sounding very much like an illegal copy. I returned the CD and asked Amazon to send another (hoping it was a one off) which they kindly did but unfortunately the second CD had the exact same issues.