on 14 January 2015
Excellent, especially for the very reasonable price. Comes with Audacity software (which is free to download on the internet), which is very comprehensive audio recording & editing software. With its complexity comes the need to pay attention to the settings, especially volume, in order to get a good mp3 recording from the tape, but this product comes with an excellent quick start sheet and a very good video for those who have not used Audacity before. Even comes with ear-bud phones, so you can listen to the tape directly.
NB For some reason, I've never got Audacity play-through to work, so can't monitor the input as it is recording; but you have to test recording first in order to set the volumes on the tape player and on Audacity correctly, so that isn't much of a problem. BUT I was tempted to leave the headphones plugged in while recording, so I could hear it: don't do this! It reduces the volume on one of the stereo inputs significantly.
9 people found this helpful
on 25 January 2015
Fantastic product! I used to be in a band in the late 90's and have a large collection of old cassettes recorded in dingy reversal rooms or gig venues. The sound was always hit and miss as the recording equip used was pretty basic so I was sceptical as to what I could achieve with this, especially as I used a similar product a few years ago on my PC but I am blown away by how easy it was to use and the sound quality produced!

I haven't even scratched the surface of the available effects yet but what I have tried have been great. Noise reduction is amazing and bass boost means I can actually hear the bassist. You could probably spend all day playing with effects and sound on a single track and wouldn't believe the original was made with a tape recorder when listening to the end result.

The instructions were clear and concise and easy to follow
3 people found this helpful
on 9 August 2014
Simple to use, the accompanying software needs a little time to get used to, but it does exactly what it says in the instructions. Pay attention to the recommended settings, especially those regarding volume, for the best results. Recommended.
4 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2013
A cheap and effective way of getting your tape collection into digital format. A video tutorial and a copy of Audacity are included on the DVD, but a newer version of the application is available.

Works perfectly, without too much transport noise. That that is there is easy to remove using the built in pre-sets in Audacity.
5 people found this helpful
on 25 May 2018
Brilliant device that has enabled me to transfer recordings made nearly 40 years ago, of the band I was in, onto my iMac, and then onto CD. A little complicated to use, but tremendous range of facilities. 10 /10.
on 18 April 2018
Did what I wanted it to do, transferred some old tapes to iTunes
on 6 April 2018
I found some old cassette tapes made by my Dad, who died many years ago. I'm now transferring them to CD and delighted with the results.
on 9 December 2014
Great gadget for rescuing obsolete band rehearsal tapes into digital. They're now on my iPhone. Love it
on 21 September 2014
Does what it says on the tin. More flexible piece of kit than I had expected. Wxcellent
One person found this helpful
on 12 July 2015
Does what its supposed to do