on 20 March 2013
Purchased it because i Liked it on my iphone but unfortunately it did not work on my Kindle fire :(
19 people found this helpful
on 6 May 2014
I thought it was going to be good as my son has 'the night sky' on his phone and lap top. However as he pointed out to me his is free and I have to pay. This I was not impressed with therefore deleted it from my Kindle very quickly. It was free to download but to use I had to pay..... not impressed.
on 13 April 2013
I was expecting an Application akin to the SkyMap that you can get on a Windows Phone or IPhone. I am afraid that I am extremely disappointed and would rather I had not wasted my money on this APP. If there was a way that I could get my money back then I would prefer to to get reimbursed.
on 17 December 2014
I have a first generation Fire HDX 8.9inch. After loading this app I discovered it needs a compass within the HDX to optimize the usefulness of the app. The Write Up for the app claims it has been optimized for the new ( 2nd generation) HDX with upgraded and faster CPU. However the spec makes no mention of the new version containing a compass either.

Having to drag the screen around manually to match what is in the sky above makes it all rather unwieldy. Thankfully the price tag of 99 pence makes this bearable.
on 22 January 2014
I took this to spaIn with me, where the skies are much clearer at night (away from the tourist night spots!!) I love it, its amazing to see all the stars and planets named as you point it to the sky. Best thing is, once loaded, you dont need an internet connection to use it.
on 18 May 2018
Fine
on 26 March 2014
Maybe we just haven't figured it out but I keep seeing ad's for other versions and I can't make out what it is telling me. It started out very good but then something happened and all I see is telling me how great other versions are, what have we done wrong, if anyone knows please help me.
on 19 May 2013
NOT usable to show a star view from your location as it is not GPS linked. It TRIED to sell me more content on its first page. It has an irritating soundtrack I couldn't't mute. Not worth buying. I deleted it after five minutes.
on 13 June 2013
i really looked forward to using this as my grandson has it on his ipad,he just holds it up and it shows you where the planets are but for me on my kindle fire hd......nothing,it doesn't move,
on 16 August 2017