VINE VOICEon 21 April 2012
I tend to be a bit choosy about warranty protection, but this is very good value for money, (I have seen on another site one for £10 more) I really think it is a good idea to insure my new Kindle, being so small there is always to risk of someone knocking it on the floor, or even it going wrong, though I tend to doubt this as technology has improved so much now, just look at smart phones etc !
But, like some others who have mentioned this, It is a bit naff to insure from the date of purchasing the warranty, rather than the date of actually receiving the Kindle.
Never the less I do not regret taking the cover out, I trust Amazon that is is an OK cover.
15 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2015
I purchased the 3 year SquareTrade Warranty for my Kindle Touch in May 2012.

Everything was fine until October 2014 when my kindle froze completely and became unusable.

I made a claim with SquareTrade and put in an order for a replacement kindle. As the order was for a refurbished model I had to wait until 20th November. Okay, I thought. That's fine. I can continue to read books on my mobile app while I wait for the replacement to be delivered.

I posted my broken kindle back to Amazon so that they could inspect it and confirm that it was indeed broken.

On 20th November I received an order update via email saying that there has been a delay and that the order would not be delivered until 18th January. Okay, I thought. It's the run up to Christmas and Amazon are busy. I've been a customer with Amazon for years and they've never let me down before so I'll cut them some slack.

On 18th January I received another email saying that there has been another delay and that I should expect to receive my replacement device on March. Now I am annoyed. I've waited patiently for over three months and I don't want to wait any longer.

I called Amazon a couple of times and was passed from department to department then forwarded to SquareTrade. Nobody seemed to know what to do. I asked why I had to wait for a refurbished model when it states in my warranty that I am entitled to a refurbished OR new device - surely Amazon has some new kindle devices in stock? They didn't seem to have an answer for that. The advisor said that he would look into it and call me back.

I called SquareTrade the next day and had to explain the situation to yet another advisor. Up until now I had been very patient with everyone I had spoken too but this time I put my foot down. I said that after all this faffing about I wanted a new kindle without special offers and I wanted it now - what was the point in paying £29.99 for a warranty when it is not fulfilling its purpose? This particular advisor who I was speaking to was very helpful and sympathetic and put in an order for a brand new kindle, which is due to arrive on 27th January - HURRAY!!!

Maybe I was just unlucky but afer this experience I don't think I will ever purchase warranty from SquareTrade again. Much more trouble than it was worth.
on 18 August 2012
I initially thought that their customer service was excellent,the warranty came very quick, however, my feelings rapidly changed when I needed to contact them. I needed to cancel my warranty and despite being told to wait 3-5 days, nearly two weeks later, I was still waiting for them to action this request. Thank goodness for Amazon customer services, within 1 call my complaint was dealt with and a refund iniaited!! In fairness to Square Trade after the intervention of Amazon I did get an apology from them, better late than never I guess!
As I stated before, on initial contact they are great, however, if you have a problem do be prepared to go over their heads and deal direct with Amazon. In my experience it is only then that the complaint is dealt with and action taken!! :(
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 16 May 2012
I ordered a KINDLE TOUCH from Amazon and was instantly shown that I could purchase a 3-year warranty. I think this is a great offer. The 3-year warranty also covers Accident Protection and Theft. The cost for this 3-year warranty is £29.99 which, if you think about it, is very good money for what is offered. Should your Kindle fall, break, stop working or get stolen, you know that you can have peace of mind under the warranty. Imagine dropping your Kindle without the warranty...where do you go to get it fixed, if it can be fixed?

The warranty is sold by SquareTrade Ltd. Once you have chosen the warranty you are then sent an email so that you can input a password of your choice. You then access your warranty and print it out.
11 people found this helpful
on 2 October 2012
A straightforward, no-nonsense insurance company. To be honest, I didn't buy my Kindle Touch direct from Amazon but instead purchased it from a well-known high street store. The store in question do offer up to 3 years cover on their Kindles for £38.99. This, however, does not include theft, plus I felt this price was a little steep for an item that only cost £109. Anyhow, I checked out Amazon, originally to look for a leather case for my Kindle Touch, when I saw the insurance cover offered by Square Trade for a much more reasonable price of £29.99, and one that did include cover against theft. At first I thought this was only available to customers who'd bought their Kindles from Amazon but was so pleased to learn it was available to anyone, providing they'd bought their Kindles new, during the past 30 days. I would recommend Square Trade to anyone who has just bought a new Kindle, it's worth the 30 quid to have the peace of mind of knowing that if anything happens to it, a replacement will be winging its way to me in no time.
on 26 June 2012
Bought my partner a Kindle (she loves it!)last Christmas and felt it wise to buy Square Trade 3 yr warranty. Process was very simple and warranty arrived promptly and is worded and laid out such that I could follow and understand conditions.
Bought myself Kindle Touch (LOVE it) recently as we were going on holiday,having finally realised just how weighty and bulky books are, and upon my return saw the Amazon prompt so have now bought myself cover too and appreciated the Amazon reminder.Once again Square Trade confirmed cover very quickly; just hope I never need their help!!!!
One person found this helpful
on 12 July 2012
Purchased cover for my wife's Kindle but didn't copy receipt (not purchased from Amazon) on to Square Trade website. Broken Kindle, enquired if we could claim, they rang me back and the operator checked kindle was registered onto my Amazon account, linked the warranty number and processed claim saying New Kindle would be despached and with us on Wednesday , it actually turned up Tuesday.
The call back was at 6.00 PM on a Sunday evening. 48hr response, Superb service all round and I would recommend this product to anyone who purchases a Kindle, we have 3, all covered.3-Year SquareTrade Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle Keyboard (Free 3G + Wi-Fi)
3 people found this helpful
on 21 April 2012
Product is good, in that it covers you for accident, mechanical breakdown and theft. I found the company to have great communication by email and webform submitted through their website. Very polite too. Theft cover doesn't show on policy. I think this needs changing, as you want to read your policy details. Very good response from company by email though, so no complaints overall. would still recommend.
13 people found this helpful
on 25 July 2012
The cover offered is most comprehensive and appears to be very good value, aproximately £10 per year.

Hopefully I will not need to make a claim but should I need to the process looks simple and quick.

I must commend the company for the speed at which they operate, within hours of purchasing my kindle I had an Email
setting out the cover and introducing their website.
I checked out the site registered and within the blink of an eye all was in place, so easy.
on 5 May 2012
Having been made aware by Amazon that I could insure my Kindle Touch from almost any kind of mishap and at such a reasonable price I decided it was an offer too good to miss.
Having clicked the order confirmation on the 5th May with Amazon.co.uk, I received the certificate of insurance by Email from Square Trade on the 5th.
That's pretty good service in anyone's book. I defy anyone to beat it!
One person found this helpful