on 14 January 2012
A clear concise guide to the pitfalls of starting up your own business for anyone thinking of or just starting out in business. Filled with helpful advice and insightful case studies detailing how others have achieved success before. If you want to stop procrastinating and start a business you can read this book quickly to make your decision. Very enjoyable read!
on 15 July 2013
A straight forward guide obviously and honestly based on experience. Simple to follow and understand, the IT and networking sections in particular take away the fear for those without experience; it all sounds so possible. Based upon my own knowledge and experiences, both personal and those of friends and colleagues, the warnings of 'too much or too little commitment' are so important when embarking along this path. All in all a very useful little publication full of helpful advice, tips and warnings.
on 18 November 2013
I bought this book as I am in the process of starting up my business. I thought I would get a step by step guide on how to do the complicated stuff and time scales and how to get make it with special"ahead of the game"tips. I guess it gave a little bit of an insight, but I'm not sure it's been ground-breaking in starting a business advice. perhaps I was looking for too much , as I know so little.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2014
I really enjoyed reading this short book and especially enjoyed the motivational quotes. Well worth a read for anyone considering taking the jump into self-employed.
on 2 March 2013
Well written, and clearly from first hand experience. Not much depth or detail but it moved quickly across topics so gave a good overview.
on 18 July 2013
A very helpful book, clear and concise. Given me loads of ideas and confidence! This is definitely a book I would recommend
on 1 February 2017
Not much practical advice just some fairly generic thoughts on starting a business. Good for those that are on the fence