Size: 50 caps|Change

on 15 February 2014
using it to kill the helicobacter polyri virus. Powerful stuff !!!! Besides....a very strong antioxidant - breaking through the blood - brain barrier. Highly recommended - and to a cost most people can afford.
on 19 April 2014
I've been taking Bioastin for a while and it's great to find this product as it means I only have to take one capsule instead of 3 to get my daily dose. I wouldn't be without it as I feel so much better than I did before.
on 4 June 2013
I use the astaxanthin for reversing degeneration of my eyes... instead of laser treatment, which doesn't address the cause of the problem in the first place. My eyes are back to its best at 48 naturally, plus any more good side effect.
Yes, great product and excellent service.
on 14 October 2014
An amazing antioxidant, improves my endurance levels at the gym. I feel as though I have more energy and all round better focus on day to day tasks. A good product all round. It is expensive but you get what you pay for.
on 27 April 2014
Undoubtedly the most effective preventative treatment I have ever used..... so far, not a single cold for 6 months. Also great improvements in general health, energy, skin and hair.
on 17 July 2013
I am completely amazed of how good it makes you feel, to how I was before. Its not immediate, it takes about a month, but after that. Brilliant!!!!
on 22 April 2013
I chose this rating as after only a week of taking the capsules I noticed I was feeling so much better and my husband remarked on his health too, would really recommend it to anyone lacking energy. Great product.
on 15 October 2014
Two years ago my wife was diagnosed with macular degeneration in one eye and retinal tears in each eye. She had to have two victectromies, one was successful in one eye and 90% successful in the other.
I researched the subject of MD and bought 12mg Astaxanthin gel caps from Amazon and she has taken them for two years.
Her macular degeneration stopped altogether and has not got any worse, her specialist is amazed.
on 24 July 2013
A fantastic product still not widely known in the UK. I have seen it in a couple of health food shops but still generally purchase via Amazon. I started using this 10 years ago when I first heard about it in the Sunday Times. Anyone who gets sunburned should know about this product. I am not one for health fads or food supplements but I am extremely grateful I discovered this product as its made summer holidays in the sun so much more bearable.

I have gone from getting severe sunburn regularly every year even with using sunscreens, keeping in the shade and keeping T Shirts on etc. Since I have started using this I have not suffered any sunburn. We go to Spain every year and I start taking 1 pill a day a month before we leave and up this to 2 a day the week before and during the stay, in conjunction with conventional sunscreens . I am sure there are plenty of people out there who will say it doesn't work but for me I have definitely noticed a significant difference in the way I am affected by the sun.

I have also recently discovered it has been given a US patent for the effective treatment of carpel tunnel syndrome due its positive affect on tendons. Being a guitarist this is also of interest.

If you burn try this....
on 21 April 2016
I bought this astaxanthin for one primary reason - it has been shown that this nutrient helps to protect the skin from sun damage. I'm quite pale, and often burn under the sun - of course I use sun protection, but things happen - it wears off, or you miss a bit, or you're just out longer than the sunblock can handle...

So how did this stuff help? I started to take it about two weeks before an extended holiday, to get it built up in my system. What I noticed after about a week is that it gives my skin a slightly flushed look - in a good way - just a slightly rosier complexion - probably only noticeable because I'm so pale.

When I actually went on holiday, I must say it really did help. Of course I still used other sun protection, but whereas normally I'd still get pink from the sun, the astaxanthin seemed to help me bypass the pink stage and just develop a slight tan instead.

I understand that there are several other benefits from taking this long term - however it's a little expensive for that (hence the 4 stars). It also smells fishy - particularly so when in a hot climate... so I was a little worried that was going off or getting rancid... However if you keep it in the fridge and accept the cost, then I would definitely recommend it.