Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 24 July 2012
I was looking forward to getting this product as with all the rain we have been getting for the last couple of months my long hair has become rather frizzy. When it arrived I opened the parcel and on the box containing the brush were the words 'If you open this box you cannot return the product'...the box weas really difficult to open and I actually had to practically rip it into pieces to open it.I put batteries in it, turned it on and used it in long downward strokes for about 10 minutes on my hair. There was very little improvement to my hair and in fact five minutes later my hair was even worse than usual!!I tried brushing my hair with the brush for longer periods but there was no improvement in my hair, in fact when the product 'wore off' about five minutes later my hair looked worse than ever!!I continued to use the brush for about a week then gave up. As I say don't waste your money on this product, it has turned out to be a very expensive ordinary hair brush. Of course the manufactures have also made sure that it can't be returned for a refund.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was absolutely ecstatic when I found out this product was up for review. I have thick course hair that is very prone to frizz and where I live it rains 364 days of the year. I dread to think how much money I have spent on hair taming products and anti-frizz stuff. When the brush arrived the batteries were fine, no sign of failure like some other reviewers have posted so maybe it depends which batch you received. The brush is chunky but not too fat to make it uncomfortable to use and I really liked the wide paddle head and the wide spaced bristles. So far so good. Switching it on, it makes a humming noise which isn't too bad and the little blue light flashed on to indicate that ionic technology was about to transform my hair. And that's where the good stuff ends. It would have been better if it had done nothing to improve my hair, instead it made my hair more frizzy and even worse - completely flyaway. My fiance came to check it out and was electrocuted by static. I electrocuted the cat who came to sit on my lap. I have tried this brush everyday since Christmas and I have found that any frizz is actually exacerbated when this brush is switched on. Switched off, this makes a fairly decent brush but I have better ordinary brushes and would certainly have been extremely disappointed if I had purchased this brush myself.

Having read the other reviews and seen that it worked for some and not for others, I am wondering if the variability is due to different hair types: do the people who see no difference/find extra frizz have thicker, course or colour-treated hair that is prone to frizz, whilst the ones that find it worked well have fine, manageable hair and frizz is more of an occasional issue rather than a day-to-day problem? I don't know. Maybe.

All I would say is that for me, with my thick unruly hair, I would not waste my money on this item. I will still have to rely on hair straighteners and hair products to tame my mane. However, the idea of a brush that could do this, and which would negate having to apply hot irons is absolutely fabulous and if they worked efficiently, I'd definitely invest. Until that day, this brush will be used for de-tangling after a shower and the ions shall be used no more.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a hilarious gimmick, but it really doesn't work. Presumably the ions are supposed to cancel any static electricity in your air, reducing frizz.

Unfortunatly, it actually has the opposite effect to that intended. Brushing one side with it turned on, and one side with it turned off, it's obvious which side has the ions turned on. It's the frizzy side!

Quite a nice hairbrush, but for anti-frizz? Don't waste time with it.
VINE VOICEon 1 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nice item I have been using on my daughters hair post bath since receipt.

Flyaway hair being a common complaint after the hairdryer and frizzy hair after a nap, I have been able to sort it out with far less brushing. And my goodness, it is a very shiny result as well.

My only complaint is that with my youngest girl's thinner hair, it leaves it very flat on the head, which makes me wonder if it might do the same for other folks with thinner finer hair. Looks nice on her though!

The usage itself is easy enough: two AAA batteries (provided) insert into the handle. You switch it on to get the ionic capability, the switch itself is lit to indicate being turned ON. There is a slight vibration and hum that is not unpleasant when held but not felt during the actual brushing.

RRP is slightly steep but it has made my wife get off my back for brushing kids hair "wrong". And that was nearly always. So I recommend this product highly.
VINE VOICEon 8 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Being rather follically challenged myself, I received this as a present for my partner to try out. While initially dubious, she claims after a few days of testing, that is does what it says on the tin and has reduced frizz and static whilst also doing a splendid job as a brush and leaving her hair tidy and glossy.
From the reviews here it would seem that it works for some and not for others, but it seems to have got a thumbs up in my house!
It's a nice brush in its own right but maybe only worth buying if you have a real bugbear with frizziness though.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Given all the negative reviews of this product, we expected that it would not work. \

It is a very well made comfortable brush, that emits ionic ions to reduce static in the hair. We have used it on fine straight hair and on my thick wavy hair and have found it made a difference to both hair types.

On fine hair it makes it smoother, straighter and less "fly away" than normal. On thick wavy hair, as used when the hair is wet it calms it down and makes it easier to style.

Whilst the results have not been earth shattering, we have found it made a difference and are happy to recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My daughter is very fussy about her long hair, but was delighted with the results with this brush. It is a good solid chunky brush, and using the ionic setting resulted in a silky finish looking as if it had been professionally blow-dried. She's a tough audience and is very pleased with the results.

Having written the review, I'm a bit surprised to note the number of reviews here saying that it it didn't work for them or made no difference. I could notice a discernable difference in the way her hair was hanging (probably because of static elimination), but I guess people's experience may be different.
VINE VOICEon 14 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This haribrush comes in slightly oversized but really easy to open packaging. The box contains the hairbrush, some instructions and thankfully batteries which means you can start using the ionic generator straight away.

As for the actual product, the hairbrush is about standard size, with perhaps a slightly longer handle. The ionic generator is placed just below the main brush with the on/off switch on the handle. The on/off switch is a slider imbedded conveniently in the handle and is easy to switch without being too easy resulting in accidentally turning it on or off.

The hairbrush is surprisingly lightweight and is nicely ergonomic in the hand allowing for easy brushing all around the head. It also has a removable brush pad which allows you to both easily clean it and replace it, although I haven't actually checked how easy it would be to find replacements.

The ionic generator aspect is, however, slightly less positive, mainly because it is almost impossible to tell if it actually works. It claims to reduce frizz, but it certainly doesn't stop it and brushing did seem to be slightly easier (at least in terms of less tangles) when using with the ionic generator turned on, that could and probably is purely coincidental.

It is still a great brush, but In all honesty I can't say that the extra ionic feature is really worth investing in because I can't tell if it really works.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having hair that is prone towards frizz when it gets the slightest whiff of damp air, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this brush really did make a difference.

In terms of looks, it's a plastic hairbrush that won't set the world on fire but in terms of results; well, it does work. It takes two AAA batteries that are helpfully supplied and is turned on or off via a sliding switch on the handle. A blue light illuminates and it also has a faint humming sound when switched on; whether necessary as part of the process or just to reassure it's doing something I have no idea.

Now, the leaflet informs that ions are generated by the brush and released as you brush to achieve anti static protection. I'm sceptical about the science behind those claims but, to be perfectly honest, the brush did manage to reduce frizz and left hair more subdued after a few hours of gardening in damp weather than would otherwise be the case. The longer hair was brushed, the sleeker it became. It wasn't perfectly straight when I'd finished but it didn't look as though a cat pulled through a hedge backwards had a hissy fit in it as would normally be the case (it looked better).

In summary, whatever the science behind the claims, the brush did tame frizzing hair and it is functional as a basic brush so, even if the ionic generator doesn't achieve the same results for you, it's probably worth a shot.
Rubbish. Arrived with flat batteries and didn't do anything to help reduce frizz when I put a new set in. This is basically just a really expensive run-of-the-mill brush.

I'm sorry, I know this is a Vine review and people might be expecting me to put a bit more effort into it - but honestly, I have nothing more to add other than save your money.

Erm, actually, I do have one more thing to add. These were my girlfriends views as I got the brush for her. I haven't actually used it.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Lowest Price