on 20 December 2012
Hello, I wanted the boy's equivalent of a dolls house, I have inherited a beautiful dolls house and had two beautiful houses of my own, I didn't want a garage or a castle, but something diffent, and there it was... The hape spaceship, I ordered it and arrived a week later, I put it together to make sure it had all the parts, and it really is a beautiful piece,

My son at 18 months, loves it allready even though it is for his 3rd bday, and when my friend came over with her 4,7,11 year old we did not hear a peep out of them for an hour bar who was the alien who was the robot or space man,

It really does build the imagination and it has encouraged me in playtime with my son,

So all in all a great toy to hand down and a toy I really really LOVE, as does my son
on 6 January 2016
This Rocket play house has already proved to be the start of imaginative play for our toddler. A few more moving parts (the lift is great), or some sounds (3,2,1, Blast off etc) would make it even better, but it is still excellent just as it is.
on 29 September 2015
Worth every penny, rarely does my son play with toys for any great length of time, but he comes back to this time and time again, it is so interactive and has a real quality to it sadly lacking in most modern toys
This was the five year old's favorite birthday present, and for good reason.

He started to play with it as soon as the box was opened and while I was putting it together. Even that worked because the entire space shuttle top piece is fully assembled out of the box. So, that got played with while I put the rocket together. Three vertical sides slide into three round floor units. Three screws on the top floor and three screws on the bottom floor and you're done. (The elevator, hoist, gear and knob are pre-assembled, so you just drop the elevator into the shaft before screwing on the top floor plate. Sweet.)

The wood is solid and the rocket is sturdy. The accessories are wood blocks with decals, and you can call something a fuel station, or control console, or food replicator, or anything else you want. The astronauts are soft cloth with bendable internal frames so they are easy to handle and pose.

No batteries, no sounds, and all imagination. It's big, sturdy, colorful, and interesting enough that you have to crawl around it to see all of the odd decals and accessory pieces. This is really a centerpiece kind of gift, and it did not disappoint.
on 6 March 2016
Far, far better than I expected, even after reading the other positive reviews. Apart from a slight mess-up installing the lift in such a way that it couldn't move (entirely my own 'trying to do several things at the same time' fault and a mistake it was easy to rectify) it was very simple to assemble relatively quickly and, despite being a self-assembly item, is extremely sturdy. Ditto all of the little accessories: all well made to the tiniest detail. Bought for a play setting and an instant (and constant) hit with all our kids, who range from 3 - 12 in age: It has already had a lot of play in a relatively short time, but the quality is such I anticipate it having a very long life with us! It might look expensive but I think it's worth the money.
on 7 August 2016
Bought this for my son's 3rd birthday after looking for something that could indulge his developing imagination. He loves it!
The little wooden alien and robot are his favourites. He uses his other little characters from other toys to play, seeing who fits in the lift. The lift is easy for him to operate himself so no frustrations or need to ask an adult for help. Talking to him about the different pieces has already increased his vocabulary.
My husband was pleased that it was easy to put together, only took 10mins.
Good quality, well made, will have years of use.
on 9 January 2016
We gave this to our 4 year old son for Christmas and he loves it! The product is very sturdy and well made. Even though this comes with the accessories for both inside and outside of the rocket, it would be nice to be able to purchase more items to put inside the rocket, as some of the areas around the back of it is bare. However, my son will have to use his a imagination and move things around a bit. Lovely toy!
on 30 September 2016
We are all so impressed with this toy. The quality of construction and all the different bits and pieces that come with it are fantastic. My 3 year old was thrilled and I'm sure he'll get a lot of play out of it - definitely worth the money especially as I bought it on a lightning deal last year. I have glued the plastic 'pipes' in and removed the tiniest accessories for now for future use when he's a little older.
on 30 April 2016
My son is really into space and rockets so bought this for his second birthday and he loves it! (Recommended for 3+ but I've only removed the two oxygen cylinders and the little cardboard squares for 'digging' as too small, otherwise I think safe for him). He has spent a long time playing with it, it is really like a dolls house for boys (and young girl budding scientists of course!)
It seems very durable and high quality.
There is a way of threading the string around the lift reel to make it stay held on the level you want it (put the string in between the platform and the little peg a couple of times) the first time I used it the lift kept dropping down as soon as we took our hand off the dial which would have been annoying.
Really pleased and I think worth the money.
on 25 December 2012
A very robust toy, sturdier than the usual gift for the age group ( a five yr old boy ). Would have no hesitstion in recommending.