Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 14 November 2013
Just finished book 2 of this series, and totally hooked, downloaded the final one to start tonight.

At first the saga seemed a little too complicated (in book 1), too many names to remember etc, but it all fell into place and the pace is perfect.

So, brilliant story, really would like to see this made into a series on the tv, too complicated for a film, it would lose so much of what makes it great.

As far as the Kindle book itself goes though there are some annoying typos, and even the wrong name in a couple of places - had to read back a short passage because the name Roarke appeared in it, and it definitely shouldn't have - so more than just a silly Kindle typo. I've got used to Kindle books not being as accurate and mistake free as paper books, so I haven't marked down the rating, as I definitely don't blame the author for that!! I've always spotted mistakes in paper books too, and have been surprised at just how much worse ebooks are for this, but as I've said - got used to it now, so I don't let it distract me from my reading pleasure :-)

I just wish Gary Grossman had more books to read after I finish Executive Command
on 28 May 2013
Will there be any more books in this series? I recommend these books to anyone who appreciates good story telling, good writing, tight and tense plots and thought provoking content.
on 9 April 2013
I just hope this doesn't inspire Al Qaeda like Clancy's Debt of Honour maybe did for 9-11. Is the water supply really that vulnerable?
on 5 July 2012
My review:

Executive Treason by Gary Grossman was a sequel to Executive Actions and since I really enjoyed the first book, I was excited to read Executive Treason. Executive Treason is quick-paced political thriller, which pulls you in and offers everything a good political thriller usually does: action, plotting, intrigues and smart characters.

Regarding the plot:

You meet Secret Service agent Scott Roarke who starts investigating rape and murder of a woman working in the White House. What seems like a usual murder case leads into a much more complicated road with political threats to the presidency, with terrorism and kidnapping.

What I liked in Executive Treason was that the author brought in radio talk show host and added some spice to the story. I also enjoyed the re-appearance of several characters from the first book. The writing style and the story itself were believable and that was little scary and very thrilling. It was a heart-pounding reading experience for me!

I am not a native English speaker, but even I saw some editing issues which disturbed my eye, especially no separation between the words, so this was definitely a flaw while reading. The other apsect of the book, which annoyed me little bit, was the deeply emphasized political values of the author which were too clear for my taste. I appreciate when people have standpoints on politics, but not in a way that it hits you in the face in the fictional story.

Regarding the characters:

I have to admit, that Scott Roarke's character grew on me. When on the first book, I liked him, then this time I was actually impressed how well the author did on Roarke. The author has added some extra depth to his character and that made the reading experience valuable.

Once again the author has managed to fill the book with many interesting supportive characters who give extra added value to the story!

Gary Grossman is an excellent writer and the Executive Treason is a great book! If you are capable of seeing pass the editing mistakes and the outspoken political views, it's a fantastic thriller!
I would highly recommend this book!
on 2 December 2013
I enjoyed the previous book in this series and this was a really good sequel although at times the American constitution alterations puzzled me. As with the last book in the series it needed concentration at times but at others I was loathe to leave the story to sleep. I shall certainly follow Gary Grossman's writing.
on 4 November 2013
Really enjoyed it, lots of characters to follow and moving all the time, didn't wan to put it down, looking forward to his next one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 December 2012
Having enjoyed the first book of this trilogy I downloaded the next two. The story is a good political/terrorist one which entertains without taxing the reader. You have to extend the bounds of disbelief at times but it is good read.
BUT - the typesetting of the Kindle version is the worst I've yet encountered in Kindle. Words joined together, crazy spelling paragraphs blended into one, even geometric symbols appearing between words. It makes the book a nightmare to read and really spoils the reader's enjoyment. No idea how a print book is turned into a Kindle book but it looks like it's done by a computer . There is no way that a human has ever proof read this mess - a kid of ten would have corrected most of the errors. Amazon should be ashamed!!!#
on 22 June 2013
This is another fantastic book in the series, it makes you want to read it from start to finish in a day .
on 11 April 2013
Bought this as a "special" and I was encouraged to buy the two earlier books, as I read number one I wish I had not read this one first. It is a good spy thriller and with several strings to the plot never lacks interest. Recommended but read them in order.
on 29 September 2013
Good well paced thriller that keeps you wanting to turn the page over. Good characters well developed and beliveable that all play their part in the book. Get the book and read it you will not be disappointed.